headphone problems

Meatball the man

when i plug my headphones in my computer and when i listened to music the left ear was normal but the left was very quiet then i tried pluging into my laptop and it worked fine. so i went back to my pc and i tried not pluging it in all the way and that worked but i dont want to keep doing that so i was like "maybe its just the aux jack" so i tried the one on theeother side of the pc and it does the same thing. i dont know if this has anything to do with this but my sister was trying to get obs working around when it  starte happening she might of change a setting but she says she diddent 

also it happens with diffrent headphones too.

and i tried mono

when i plug my headphones in my computer and when i listened to music the left ear was normal but the left was very quiet then i tried pluging into my laptop and it worked fine. so i went back to my pc and i tried not pluging it in all the way and that worked but i dont want to keep doing that so i was like "maybe its just the aux jack" so i tried the one on theeother side of the pc and it does the same thing. i dont know if this has anything to do with this but my sister was trying to get obs working around when it  starte happening she might of change a setting but she says she diddent 

also it happens with diffrent headphones too.

and i tried mono

i reposed in here becase this place is the place for trobleshooting

Try going onto your motherboard,if these headphone ports are on the front panel and unplug the front panel where it connects to the mobo and then plug them back in.

Read before asking for help  |  How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation  |  Don't ask to ask, just ask  |  The XY Problem  | Don't just say "Hello" in chat  |  How do I ask a good question?

If my post helped, please give a 'reaction' using the heart 🤍 in the bottom right. 

Make sure to quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

F@H Contribution

BOINC Contribution

HeatWare

"The only difference between a problem and a solution is that people understand the solution."

"Give people permission to make mistakes and the obligation to learn from them."

“The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert

"People will never truly understand something until it happens to them."

"I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I'm done, I'm done."

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Gaming X  |  RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600MHz  |  GPU ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Trinity OC |  Case BitFenix Ghost  |  Storage HP EX920 1TB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, WD Black 8TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  PSU Seasonic Prime GX-750  |  Displays Lenovo ThinkVision P27q-20, Dell UP2716D  |  Cooling Noctua NH-D15  |  Operating System Windows 10 Home

Difficult to say, it's one of those "unless it's happened to you" things the solution could be anything.

I would say start by uninstalling OBS completely since that's the likely culprit, or if you don't want to uninstall it just spend a lot of time messing with settings.

One random thought I just had..... there is a way to send your audio output through the network with some kind of banana program or something, I didn't pay attention when someone was talking about it but it sounded pretty cool, might make a post asking about virtual audio cables or search for it.  My point being that if you can send the audio to the laptop over the network and it still does it you know it's software related and not hardware.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission