Screen share on Discord without sound

Pasgui9

I replaced my old intel platform with AMD. Before, when I was on the intel platform (Mobo was a Z170-P) I could scree share on Discord with sound. Now on the MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max trhe screen share gets no sound. It doesn't matter if the application is recognized by Discord, it still doesn't have sound. I have my drivers installed and Discord recognizes the audio devices and the driver name, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling discord, using discord in the browser and uninstalling and updating my drivers. Currently using Nahimic 1.6.5, however in discord it is recognized as Realtek(R) Audio. Any tips? It worked perfectly on the Asus motherboard.

i find that sharing screen = no audio

but sharing application = have audio

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Yep, I think it's designed to work that way too

i would think sharing application only shares that application's sound (which works as intended)

but sharing screen should share all the sounds (which is the reverse, there's no sound)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i find that sharing screen = no audio

but sharing application = have audio

I know that. Sharing application doesn't help.

Whats the specific app youre sharing?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, Pasgui9 said:

it doesnt work on any app.

My fix on this is to not stick with discord default on output and pick the exact device you use to listen to, that fix it for me. but afaik, for most HDCP content, Discord will automatically turn off the audio thats playing on the app.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

If it still doesn't work, try screen sharing the application and make sure the application is in windowed or borderless windowed mode. Not fullscreen.

On 4/23/2021 at 2:37 PM, SorryClaire said:

My fix on this is to not stick with discord default on output and pick the exact device you use to listen to, that fix it for me. but afaik, for most HDCP content, Discord will automatically turn off the audio thats playing on the app.

Audio is switched to the device I'm using (Realtek(R) Audio) and it still doesn't work.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:31 PM, NinJake said:

If it still doesn't work, try screen sharing the application and make sure the application is in windowed or borderless windowed mode. Not fullscreen.

Any application be it windowed, borderless, fullscreen, exclusive fullscreen, and even recognised ones by Discord don't share with any sound.