Budget PC Case

TalkyRaptor
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
30 minutes ago, TalkyRaptor said:

And want is the cpu cooler clearance on both cases because I can not find it anywhere?

I just googled your exact product names. 

First one I got their website and just scrolled down a bit to find

image.thumb.png.af04a127db87e9f93af84c0931d43b2f.png

Second one came up with multiple hits for the product name, but the Amazon page had this on it:

image.png.3323c96e8c1912884b95d55359d349dd.png

While this one is very not clear with what the dimensions are referencing, I can tell you the 160mm is standard ATX tower cooler height limits so it's safe to say it's 160mm. 

35 minutes ago, TalkyRaptor said:

Which one should I use?

Whichever one you want. Both are fine cases; they're steel boxes with mesh fronts, side glass and have pre installed fans. For most gamers, that's all they need. 

Two quick question:

I am building a pc and want to know what case to use, these are the two cases:

Montech Air X Black

or

Musetex Mesh ATX Black

Which one should I use?

And want is the cpu cooler clearance on both cases because I can not find it anywhere?

Whats the price for the 2?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Two quick question:

I am building a pc and want to know what case to use, these are the two cases:

Montech Air X Black

or

Musetex Mesh ATX Black

Which one should I use?

With budget cases, there usually aren't any features to speak of so you should buy the one that ahs the better airflow characteristics and you also personally find better looking.

Regarding the CPU clearance, as a rule of thumb, the biggest cooler you can fit in a case will be dictated by the size of the exhaust fan size the case supports. Meaning, if the case supports a 120mm exhaust fan in the back, then pretty much any cooler that has fan(s) with 120mm size will fit. Same goes if the back opening is 140mm or 80mm, etc.. you get the point. 

Considering that you are building a budget rig, based on the case choices, I really doubt that you will be getting an NHD-15 or a Dark Rock Pro 4 that easily cost 3-4 times the price of those cases. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Second one came up with multiple hits for the product name, but the Amazon page had this on it:

While this one is very not clear with what the dimensions are referencing, I can tell you the 160mm is standard ATX tower cooler height limits so it's safe to say it's 160mm. 

35 minutes ago, TalkyRaptor said:

Which one should I use?

Whichever one you want. Both are fine cases; they're steel boxes with mesh fronts, side glass and have pre installed fans. For most gamers, that's all they need. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Whats the price for the 2?

70-80 usd

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Thanks

3 hours ago, Analog said:

With budget cases, there usually aren't any features to speak of so you should buy the one that ahs the better airflow characteristics and you also personally find better looking.

Regarding the CPU clearance, as a rule of thumb, the biggest cooler you can fit in a case will be dictated by the size of the exhaust fan size the case supports. Meaning, if the case supports a 120mm exhaust fan in the back, then pretty much any cooler that has fan(s) with 120mm size will fit. Same goes if the back opening is 140mm or 80mm, etc.. you get the point. 

Considering that you are building a budget rig, based on the case choices, I really doubt that you will be getting an NHD-15 or a Dark Rock Pro 4 that easily cost 3-4 times the price of those cases. 

Thank you, I am using the Vetroo V5