Good, Cheap Speakers?

RubyRoks

My dell setup is causing a weird issue with windows where if my volume is up on the PC, i can have the speakers at 0 and still be blasting sound, but when the volume is low on my PC, the speakers max out 1/3 of when i can stop turning them. So, i'm going to get new ones...if i knew what to look for...
any recommendations?

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

How cheap? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Depending on your definition of "cheap" i might have some recommendations

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600

How cheap? Budget?

under $60

Depending on your definition of "cheap" i might have some recommendations

Read the above

What kind of music do u listen to?

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600

What kind of music do u listen to?

Anything related to rock, really.

And it's more of a video playback audio solution i want rather than a satisfying music experience.

To put it bluntly, there aren't any speakers in that price range that really matter. I own Logitech X-140s, which will satisfy most people because they're cheap and play audio and have adjustable bass, but they're hardly hi-fi. Only speakers I can recommend closest to your budget are the Logitech Z523 speakers. Unfortunately, it's about $17 out of your budget on Amazon.

Another setup just north of your price range is this.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

To put it bluntly, there aren't any speakers in that price range that really matter. I own Logitech X-140s, which will satisfy most people because they're cheap and play audio and have adjustable bass, but they're hardly hi-fi. Only speakers I can recommend closest to your budget are the Logitech Z523 speakers. Unfortunately, it's about $17 out of your budget on Amazon.

Another setup just north of your price range is this.

I was just about to say that you are wrong, and that a pretty decent setup can be had for under $60 until I saw the link you posted, because that is exactly what I was going to recommend.

Seriously, the Lepai LP-2020+ and the Dayton Audio B652 make a killer combo for a grand total of $55+shipping/tax. Not the best sounding thing in the world, but it does sound very good, and will blow away all the sub-$100 PC speakers out of the water.

I was just about to say that you are wrong, and that a pretty decent setup can be had for under $60 until I saw the link you posted, because that is exactly what I was going to recommend.

Seriously, the Lepai LP-2020+ and the Dayton Audio B652 make a killer combo for a grand total of $55+shipping/tax. Not the best sounding thing in the world, but it does sound very good, and will blow away all the sub-$100 PC speakers out of the water.

I've never really tried a setup like that. I figure that as far as plug-and-play options go, the Z523s are quality speakers but the setup is good too if you can find the parts on the cheap. Everything's a learning experience here, even for the people giving advice. :)

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510