Should I trust uBreakiFix?

Go to solution Solved by manikyath,
22 minutes ago, Duo01 said:

I looked on reddit and saw some mixed reviews, although this was only on the Iphone screen part of it, reviews on facebook said they had good customer service, which is something even the bad reviews mentioned was that they had good customer service for the most part. Some were complaining about low quality screens and stuff. However, I'm not getting any screen repairs, the specific store I'm looking at going to has a 4.5 star rating so I'm guessing it is fine. 

if the store itself doesnt have horror stories, and the repair you need is for something particularly simple (assuming there's no weird stuff going on with the power connector), i'd assume there's no problem in doing it.

I have been looking for a repair shop to repair my Toshiba Satellite laptop (the power jack broke). I came across uBreakiFix (https://www.ubreakifix.com/). Their site looks legit and I want to know everyone else's opinion.

Should I trust them?

(Before you guys say I should DIY it, I can't, I tried already, and no, I didn't mess anything up.)

i recall hearing them mentioned by either louis rossmann or jessa jones, but i cant recall their opinion of them...

i think it was something something franchised repair bad, but i suppose you should just look up reviews on the particular store you plan on going to.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i recall hearing them mentioned by either louis rossmann or jessa jones, but i cant recall their opinion of them...

i think it was something something franchised repair bad, but i suppose you should just look up reviews on the particular store you plan on going to.

I looked on reddit and saw some mixed reviews, although this was only on the Iphone screen part of it, reviews on facebook said they had good customer service, which is something even the bad reviews mentioned was that they had good customer service for the most part. Some were complaining about low quality screens and stuff. However, I'm not getting any screen repairs, the specific store I'm looking at going to has a 4.5 star rating so I'm guessing it is fine. 

22 minutes ago, Duo01 said:

if the store itself doesnt have horror stories, and the repair you need is for something particularly simple (assuming there's no weird stuff going on with the power connector), i'd assume there's no problem in doing it.

The repair I need should be simple (I posted about this issue and what I should do and they said it was an easy fix so I'm assuming it shouldn't be an issue)

Hopefully everything goes well. 

Thank you for your help. 

I can vouch for them, used them to replace a nexus 6p battery I was skeptical as well. But they did a good job no complaints.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DESKTOP] CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k GPU: ASUS ROG 2080TI RAM: 64GB Corsair Fury DDR4 Mobo: Asus z390-A Prime

Storage:1x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2x 1TB WD Black SSD, 2x 3Tb Seagate  HDD PSU: Seasonic 950W

Monitors: 2x Asus TUF Gaming 24" 1440p  144hz, 2x LG  75Hz 1080p LED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SERVER/NAS] CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Mobo: Asus z-170P D3

Storage:1x 1TB Western Digital SSD, 4x Ironwolf Pro 12Tb HDD, 2x 2TB WD Blue  PSU: Thermaltake 650W

[LAPTOP (MacBook Pro 16")] CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, SSD: 2 TB

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB Display: 16-inch (3072 x 1920)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 5:35 PM, DankNull said:

I can vouch for them, used them to replace a nexus 6p battery I was skeptical as well. But they did a good job no complaints.

Update to this:

I decided I'd take it in and trust them despite me being really skeptical. The person I talked to was really nice and helped me out.

They were able to fix the power jack today and I'm picking it up soon. 

They were also able to tell me what was wrong with one of my other laptops I took in aswell. 

I have to pay about 54$ for the fix and honestly it's way lower than the 100$ I thought I was going to have to pay.

• 2 years later...

I went to ubreakifix  about a week ago and now the screen of my Samsung AO3's is popping out and i have to push it in using my hands to place it down I don't know if they use adhesive here In Spark Reno Nevada it's a pain you know where.

'