Dell laptop BIOS corruption.

Suyash Kerkar

Few months ago, I got my Dell laptop' BIOS corrupted. Its working fine except it takes 4 minutes to boot.

I had watched a video on YouTube about updating BIOS via a MS-DOS

drive by booting through that MS-DOS drive and writing some commands to erase and install BIOS.

I was going to try this method but thought again and asking here.

Can this be actually done in my situation?

If yes, then please tell me the whole procedure in detail.

1 minute ago, Suyash Kerkar said:

I got my Dell laptop' BIOS corrupted. Its working fine except it takes 4 minutes to boot.

Sounds like its more like a dying drive than a corrupted BIOS, corrupted BIOS would just make your system fail to boot in the first place. Check the drive health thru something like CrystalDiskInfo.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

If your bios was corrupt your laptop would just be a paprweight. It would not do anything.
What did you do that makes you think you've corrupted the bios?

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

On 4/20/2021 at 5:50 PM, Wyzzy Moon said:

If your bios was corrupt your laptop would just be a paprweight. It would not do anything.
What did you do that makes you think you've corrupted the bios?

Okay, it might be something different. But the point is that it started taking long to boot from the moment I tried to update firmware.

Please get me a fix for these.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:17 PM, SorryClaire said:

Sounds like its more like a dying drive than a corrupted BIOS, corrupted BIOS would just make your system fail to boot in the first place. Check the drive health thru something like CrystalDiskInfo.

There's definitely no problem with the drive, it works goodly. I also had benchmarked its speeds. It has something to do with motherboard, I guess.

Please find a fix for it.

1 minute ago, Suyash Kerkar said:

no problem with the drive

But it is one of the symptom and HDD speeds are usually consistent until it collapses when its at the verge of death. The "fix" i got short of reinstalling windows is to disable as many startup apps in task manager and hope that itll somehow make boot times better.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.