Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm shopping for compatible heat sink for socket 2011v3, I messaged a guy selling one that had one that the description advertised fits socket 2011.

I'm shopping for compatible heatsink for socket 2011v3, I messaged a guy selling one that had one that the description advertised fits socket 2011. I asked dose it fit socket 2011v3? He says NO! 

So I'm using the term 2011v3 in my searches.  And the results are limited. I have specific requirements, the biggest one being price. So what words should I use in my search terms?  

2011 and 2011v3 have the same mounting mechanism 

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here  and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here  

That guy I talked to said his cooler wouldn't fit, when I thought I would, wonder why he said that? Now I'm all F*ed up! Your sure 2011 and 2011v3 are compatible. Ok thanks. That's what I thought to start with. I'll go with that.😃

2011-v3 have 2 different bracket. Either it is narrow or square ILM.

Motherboard-Narrow-ILM-v-Square-ILM.png

^Left is narrow, right is square^

Supermicro-SNK-P0050AP4-Narrow-ILM-and-S

^Supermicro SNK-P0050AP4 Narrow ILM and Square ILM^

The seller probably doesn't know which one fits yours so just to be safe saying it doesn't fit.

I myself too using 2011-v3 cpu. e5-2620v3 with china cooler brand Snowman MT6S. Temperature 32~45 ish Celcius.