Ryzen 7 3700x Issues, help appreciated !

My Ryzen 7 3700x is idling and all cores are jumping from 3518Mhz to 4366Mhz and it's all just random, temps also fluctuates up and down causing the fans to ramp up. When under load in games though, all cores will stabilize to 4.3Mhz and the ramping of the fans will stop and be more consistent. Is there any way for me to just set my clock speed to 3518Mhz on desktop and just doing general things and have 4366Mhz only while gaming? Core performance boost and Performance Boost Overdrive are both set to auto in the BIOS, while AMD Cool N Quiet is enabled. Even if I can't fix this issue, is this something to worry about? Could this shorten the life span of my CPU?

4 minutes ago, michealvjosh said:

My Ryzen 7 3700x is idling and all cores are jumping from 3518Mhz to 4366Mhz and it's all just random, temps also fluctuates up and down causing the fans to ramp up. When under load in games though, all cores will stabilize to 4.3Mhz and the ramping of the fans will stop and be more consistent. Is there any way for me to just set my clock speed to 3518Mhz on desktop and just doing general things and have 4366Mhz only while gaming? Core performance boost and Performance Boost Overdrive are both set to auto in the BIOS, while AMD Cool N Quiet is enabled. Even if I can't fix this issue, is this something to worry about? Could this shorten the life span of my CPU?

That is normal. The clocks will drop in idle reduce power drawn. If you have fans ramping up and down every couple of seconds, set a custom fan profile. From experience I can tell you that it is way more pleasing to the ear to have the fans set at higher minimum speed and ramp up later under an actual load then having it go up and down and up and down all the time. 

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

That is normal. The clocks will drop in idle reduce power drawn. If you have fans ramping up and down every couple of seconds, set a custom fan profile. From experience I can tell you that it is way more pleasing to the ear to have the fans set at higher minimum speed and ramp up later under an actual load then having it go up and down and up and down all the time. 

So it actually is normal to have this happen? Even if temps are just going up and down from 37c to 45c in idle while cpu clocks are jumping? Only asking since the clocks don't reduce in idle, they still jump all over the place. Sorry if being a bother, I'm just a big worrier.

1 minute ago, michealvjosh said:

So it actually is normal to have this happen? Even if temps are just going up and down from 37c to 45c in idle while cpu clocks are jumping? Only asking since the clocks don't reduce in idle, they still jump all over the place. Sorry if being a bother, I'm just a big worrier.

That behavior is perfectly fine. With multi-core cpus, tasks will be done by different cores. Once an individual core is done it will return to a lower power state, thus dropping clocks. If one picks up a task it will clock higher to perform that task quicker and therefore that core is getting warmer. I see temperatures wandering between 36 and 47 C in windows sometimes going to 54 C copying files. That's just how those chips behave. If you were to use a big watercooler, those spikes in temperature would be less noticeable as the water has more thermal capacity than an air-cooler, meaning it will compensate better. In the end what matters is the temperature under full load. If that does not exceed 80 C on average, your cooling solution is perfectly adequate. 

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

That behavior is perfectly fine. With multi-core cpus, tasks will be done by different cores. Once an individual core is done it will return to a lower power state, thus dropping clocks. If one picks up a task it will clock higher to perform that task quicker and therefore that core is getting warmer. I see temperatures wandering between 36 and 47 C in windows sometimes going to 54 C copying files. That's just how those chips behave. If you were to use a big watercooler, those spikes in temperature would be less noticeable as the water has more thermal capacity than an air-cooler, meaning it will compensate better. In the end what matters is the temperature under full load. If that does not exceed 80 C on average, your cooling solution is perfectly adequate. 

You released a lot of stress, thanks so much for helping me!