is this the best gaming pc?

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

System Builder - Threadripper 3970X 3.7 GHz 32-Core, GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Founders Edition (2-Way SLI), Cosmos C700P Black Edition ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker

1 minute ago, Goatholomule said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

System Builder - Threadripper 3970X 3.7 GHz 32-Core, GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Founders Edition (2-Way SLI), Cosmos C700P Black Edition ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker

we cant even see the list, but judging by the title, the threadripper isn't even meant for gaming, it will get worse gaming performance then even the 5600x, dont buy it unless ypu can fully use its power its meant for workstations

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

Link doesn't work. You need to link the one that is autogenerated near the top of the webpage. Also you should be getting the 5950X instead of the 3970X. Also ditch the second 3090, literally pointless for gaming. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

Best in terms of what? What are you looking to play? What resolution do you play at?

Also the link doesn't work. 

Going by what's in the link name, no it is not the best, more of a workstation rig, definitely a misconfig if you want a gaming rig. Dual 3090s for gaming would be pointless as games no longer support multi gpu. Also the 5950x would be better for gaming than the 3970x. Correct the link and give us some more info and we'll be able to help you better.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Has anyone mentioned the link doesn't work? 🤣

Also, fantasy builds aren't allowed here...

if hes gonna buy these parts (which i hope he doesn't, its literally pointless) then it doesn't count as a fantasy build

11 minutes ago, Goatholomule said:

go for a 5950x and 1 3090. also the link is broken.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

if hes gonna buy these parts (which i hope he doesn't, its literally pointless) then it doesn't count as a fantasy build

True, but dual 3090s just scream "wishful thinking"

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

especially since it has like no performance increase and one card will be at like 9 billion degrees lol

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Goatholomule said:

Your link says TR 3970X, but your list says i5-11500. In short:

1. You should only go for the 11500 over the 11400/11400F if you're planning on gaming with the iGPU.

2. Spend another $20 and get yourself a proper mATX board with an M.2 NVMe slot and some kind of heat dissipation on the VRM. That board is a wacky form factor that's basically ITX+, not mATX, and a board like that is severely limiting performance. For example, aside from M.2, there's no way a board like that can sustain turbo boost power draw for any length of time, and you'd be right back to 65W in a heartbeat instead of taking advantage of a feature that, imo, eliminates the need for overclocking or Z-boards entirely. And I just wouldn't trust an 8-core to that board at all, period, over and done with (like your CPU if you try to set a high turbo power).

3. 870 EVOs are great drives, but not so amazing that you should be buying them over 512GB SSDs that cost roughly the same or 1TB SSDs that only cost about twice as much. As long as it has DRAM and TLC, we're to the point that a SATA SSD is a SATA SSD is a SATA SSD, and warranty length is the only real differentiator for me.

4. That's a good enough case on the low end, but good luck fitting a powerful GPU in there. Again, spend a few more bucks for something like a Thermaltake Versa H18 that has a lot more room to work with (and looks a lot nicer).

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

1. You should only go for the 11500 over the 11400/11400F if you're planning on gaming with the iGPU.

2. Spend another $20 and get yourself a proper mATX board with an M.2 NVMe slot and some kind of heat dissipation on the VRM. That board is a wacky form factor that's basically ITX+, not mATX, and a board like that is severely limiting performance. For example, aside from M.2, there's no way a board like that can sustain turbo boost power draw for any length of time, and you'd be right back to 65W in a heartbeat instead of taking advantage of a feature that, imo, eliminates the need for overclocking or Z-boards entirely. And I just wouldn't trust an 8-core to that board at all, period, over and done with (like your CPU if you try to set a high turbo power).

3. 870 EVOs are great drives, but not so amazing that you should be buying them over 512GB SSDs that cost roughly the same or 1TB SSDs that only cost about twice as much. As long as it has DRAM and TLC, we're to the point that a SATA SSD is a SATA SSD is a SATA SSD, and warranty length is the only real differentiator for me.

4. That's a good enough case on the low end, but good luck fitting a powerful GPU in there. Again, spend a few more bucks for something like a Thermaltake Versa H18 that has a lot more room to work with (and looks a lot nicer).

The link is broken, it takes you to the last pcpartpicker list you made, the link took me to the one I was working on last week. OP's link does not work, you're either looking at one you've viewed or made last.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

15 minutes ago, Goatholomule said:

No. This is a common misconception with Threadripper. It's talked up about how beastly they are, but that's due to the massive amount of cores/threads. For high multicore workloads, yeah, they tear through it. Gaming, however, is not a high multicore workloads. You really only need 6-core for gaming, the rest is all clock speed and IPC, and even 3600 will best this Threadripper part there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pretty sure it is a fantasy build or the OP just doesn't know what they are doing, looking at their past posts it's almost all the same type of posts for the last month and they either don't respond or don't give straight or informative answers when they do. Not trying to be rude if OP is just new but seems to me like it could be trolling or just a fantasy build.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

There is no link for the 11500. Its just whatever list you previously had open.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler

ok so what i got from that was i need to go 5950x and one 3090.

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Pretty sure it is a fantasy build or the OP just doesn't know what they are doing, looking at their past posts it's almost all the same type of posts for the last month or two.

Yeah. Typical just make the most expensive system possible, and it's *got* to be the best, right? Too many people don't understand that there's no "best" for everything. Different parts are targeted at different segments of the market for different purposes. You need to optimum pairing of parts for the specific tasks you're looking to achieve, not just what costs the most.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3 minutes ago, Goatholomule said:

naw, just get the 5900x, there are no performance gains with the 5950x

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah. Typical just make the most expensive system possible, and it's *got* to be the best, right? Too many people don't understand that there's no "best" for everything. Different parts are targeted at different segments of the market for different purposes. You need to optimum pairing of parts for the specific tasks you're looking to achieve, not just what costs the most.

agreed, the best for me is definetely not the best for someone else

12 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The link is broken, it takes you to the last pcpartpicker list you made, the link took me to the one I was working on last week. OP's link does not work, you're either looking at one you've viewed or made last.

...why the actual hell did I make a parts list like that?!

3 minutes ago, Goatholomule said:

"Need" is a loaded term. A 5950X is overkill for gaming, as is a 3090. The 3090 is for professional workloads. A 3080 is the far better option for just gaming. An ideal gaming combo would be a 5600X and a 3080.

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

"Need" is a loaded term. A 5950X is overkill for gaming, as is a 3090. The 3090 is for professional workloads. A 3080 is the far better option for just gaming. An ideal gaming combo would be a 5600X and a 3080.

I'd think 5800X or 5900X for a 3080, but you're so badly CPU-limited by the time you get to the 3080 no matter what you're on, who cares?

Just now, aisle9 said:

I'd think 5800X or 5900X for a 3080, but you're so badly CPU-limited by the time you get to the 3080 no matter what you're on, who cares?

I just can't see getting an 8 or 12 core part unless you're doing *something* other than gaming. Maybe if you're streaming, though NVENC kind of makes it unnecessary even then. The higher end chips don't buy you anything real as far as removing a CPU bottleneck. The clocks are slightly higher, but by the same token, you'd probably have better luck OCing the 5600X.