[UPGRADE] What would you guys recommend in terms of upgrade?

Budget (including currency): 1500 - 2000PLN (around $395 - 525USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Some new AAA titles, 90% of the time Path of Exile, browsing, some light streaming/editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600, 3.5GHz, 6 MB, BOX (BX80677I57600)

Cooling: CPU SilentiumPC Spartan 4 (SPC270) LINK, I think it's this one or the bigger version from the same series, keeps CPU cool and isn't noisy

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 (256 Bit) HDMI, DVI, 3xDP, BOX (ZT-P10700F-10P)

MB: Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H

PSU: SilentiumPC Vero M3 700W (SPC269) LINK, upgraded from Aerocool 500W (AEROKCAS-500) LINK in August last year, old PSU in the begining was good but with time it developed coil whine, I belive I should go with better one from the start of the build but cheaped out on it, new PSU in my opinion is great, fan is almost idle, no coil whine, it's semi-modular and have some power left

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX, DDR4, 16 GB, 2400MHz, CL16 (CMK16GX4M2A2400C16)

M.2: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen3 NVMe (SA2000M8/500G) system and some games instaled

SSD: SSD ADATA Ultimate SU800 256 GB 2.5" SATA III (ASU800SS-256GT-C) old system drive

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB in external case

Resolution/refresh rate etc.: 1920x1080, 165Hz (2x iiyama 23.8" G-MASTER GB2470HSU-B1 Red Eagle Fast IPS KIIYMONGB2470HSU)

Hello,

since couple leagues back in Path of Exile I had bigger problems with stability/smoothness of the game, random freezes, big FPS drops. At first I thought it may have something to do with SSD (PoE is drive and CPU heavy game), instaled it on M.2 but the effect was the same. One month ago I've noticed that my CPU boost to 100% usage when you open something for the first time then goes back to normal, with PoE and Chrome open I have almost 100% CPU usage all the time. Tried to limit PoE with BES, I've tried almost every tip that I've find on the internet on high CPU usage. After formating the PC on 17.04.2021 the problem still remain. I found one post in PoE subreddit, guy had the same problem as I have right now, he thought that his 1060 was limiting him but after switching from 4C/4T Intel to 6C/12T AMD he had stable 120FPS in game. I know that my CPU is getting older so I think that it's time for an upgrade, but I don't know if I want to go with Intel or AMD. Last two years or so was pretty good for AMD. I thought about Ryzen 7 3700X since it's 8C/16T and in the budget (including new MB) but maybe you can suggest something cheaper/better. Also wanted to ask about MB that would go nice along with new CPU. 

Thanks in advance for any recommendations 🙂

5 minutes ago, Jerzy_Kaszubik said:

I don't know if I want to go with Intel or AMD

I'd rather go with Intel these days. Not saying AMD is bad or anything like that, Intel just has better price/perfomance. Let me make you a list. I'll include a new cooler.

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

8 minutes ago, Seban said:

I'd rather go with Intel these days. Not saying AMD is bad or anything like that, Intel just has better price/perfomance. Let me make you a list. I'll include a new cooler.

Thank you, just to let you know, I should clarify in the post, I'm only looking at performance, everything I have right now is black in black case without window so look wise it can be whatever 🙂

Edit: Right now I have micro ATX MB but case is compatible with ATX standard.

Edited by Jerzy_Kaszubik
added info

I doubt this is worth it if you plan to stick with the 1070.

There might be another issue.

You are using 2 screens ? maybe your Ram gets fully used ?

You could try to find a "cheap" 7700, or can you fit 8700...?

I'm willing to swim against the current.

10 minutes ago, leclod said:

Even if I wanted to upgrade GPU I would need to spend pretty penny right now and as I said, I mostly play PoE and I want smooth gameplay. Secondary I can upgrade CPU and MB right now, and after GPU market goes back to normal I'll have newer base. I'm using two screens (165Hz, G-SYNC, DisplayPort), planning to add my old one as third (60Hz, HDMI). With couple programs runing in background, couple Chrome tabs and PoE, RAM sits at 48% usage. 

Edit: I have task manager and MSI Afterburner in background for monitoring since couple days, GPU sits at 50% sometimes lower and CPu ramps up to 90-100% usage when new enemies spawn, alot of things generate in game or when I try to open some other program. With programs it's ramps up to 90-100% and then goes back to normal when I run something it uses like 40-50% at startup and then goes back to couple %.

2 minutes ago, Jerzy_Kaszubik said:

Even if I wanted to upgrade GPU I would need to spend pretty penny right now and as I said, I mostly play PoE and I want smooth gameplay. Secondary I can upgrade CPU and MB right now, and after GPU market goes back to normal I'll have newer base. I'm using two screens (165Hz, G-SYNC, DisplayPort), planning to add my old one as third (60Hz, HDMI). With couple programs runing in background, couple Chrome tabs and PoE, RAM sits at 48% usage. 

I'm mainly worried AM4 is supposed to be at the end of its road.

You could first try to find a "cheap" 7700K or even 6700K

11 minutes ago, leclod said:

I'm mainly worried AM4 is supposed to be at the end of its road.

You could first try to find a "cheap" 7700K or even 6700K

What about Intel 10th series?

3 minutes ago, Jerzy_Kaszubik said:

What about Intel 10th series?

I forgot about Intel, these days I only see AMD.

I wouldn't go old Intel 14nm.

Depends on your budget, if you got the money, do it.

37 minutes ago, leclod said:

You could try to find a "cheap" 7700, or can you fit 8700...?

The 1070 is bottlenecked,even a gtx 1060 would be bottlenecked,I don't get what you are talking about.

6 minutes ago, leclod said:

Yeah if you want to spend triple on AMD rather than the equivalent Intel CPU.

Their CPUs are much cheaper nowadays,a 11400f can found cheaper for example.

6 minutes ago, leclod said:

Could you explain a little bit? I'm reading that Intel 10nm wasn't a big success but their 7nm should beat 14nm in mainstream CPUs but they may or may not be released till end of this year. 

1 minute ago, Cheburek said:

The 1070 is bottlenecked,even a gtx 1060 would be bottlenecked,I don't get what you are talking about.

Yeah if you want to spend triple on AMD rather than the equivalent Intel CPU.

Their CPUs are much cheaper nowadays,a 11400f can found cheaper for example.

You mean that with my current CPU and with these two recommened GPU is/would be bottlenecked. So any upgrade for more recent CPU should be a big upgrade?

1 minute ago, Jerzy_Kaszubik said:

Could you explain a little bit? I'm reading that Intel 10nm wasn't a big success but their 7nm should beat 14nm in mainstream CPUs but they may or may not be released till end of this year. 

As far as I know Intel is still on 14nm process.

Will they keep the current socket for the next upgrade (7nm) ?

3 minutes ago, Jerzy_Kaszubik said:

You mean that with my current CPU and with these two recommened GPU is/would be bottlenecked. So any upgrade for more recent CPU should be a big upgrade?

Your CPU isn't bad but It does fall short in games that require more CPU power.

For example in most games by Ryzen 3 1200 and Rx 580 gets the same FPS as an Ryzen 9 5950x and Rx 580 but in games like battlefield 1 my FPS drops significantly because I need more CPU power.

And yes a newer CPU would be an upgrade,,it depends how new to really tell how big of an upgrade that would be since your CPU isn't that old tbh.

1 minute ago, leclod said:

As far as I know Intel is still on 14nm process.

Will they keep the current socket for the next upgrade (7nm) ?

Both intel and amd will change socket next release, AMD only committed  AM4 for 2020 and Intel always support 2 gen per socket

At the end of the day buy the one give best price/performance, and AMD isn’t there, I don’t see there is reason why pay premium for 3600 over 11400F and 10400F

when the time 3600/10400f/11400f already too slow for your need the new modern, superior midrange offering will exist which is the go to upgrade instead getting higher tier AM4 ryzen

4 minutes ago, heickelrrx said:

At the end of the day buy the one give best price/performance, and AMD isn’t there, I don’t see there is reason why pay premium for 3600 over 11400F and 10400F

3600 and 11400 are nearly the same price, no ? I buy 3600 any day

7 minutes ago, leclod said:

Not only is the 3600 more expensive nowadays ,the 11400 is better.

2 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

Not only is the 3600 more expensive nowadays ,the 11400 is better.

Can you read ?

5 minutes ago, leclod said:

Can you read ?

Can you read?I don't get what you mean.

I managed to find an 11400f for 10$ less than a 3600 and it's a better CPU.

18 minutes ago, leclod said:

on Newegg, 11400F cost 179$ while 3600 cost 259$

On Review 11400F Lead Both Single Core and Multicore Score on Cinebench 

CB20-1.png

if you say get 3600 over 11400F in any day, I honestly don't know what to say, In socket upgrade not really a thing, you will not upgrade this CPU in at least 3 year, and after 3 year a much modern platform on midrange will exist that will trash even the Flagship 5950x in most workload

like I said, AMD is too expensive for it's price, totally not worth it

19 minutes ago, heickelrrx said:

Ok, here in switzerland they are much closer, like 15%. (sorry I checked 11400 before with 5%)

I hear you, you're probably right. But I believe the 3600 is the better design.

Performance difference is peanuts to me.

I bow to 7nm

10 minutes ago, heickelrrx said:

On Review 11400F Lead Both Single Core and Multicore Score on Cinebench 

CB20-1.png

if you say get 3600 over 11400F in any day, I honestly don't know what to say, In socket upgrade not really a thing, you will not upgrade this CPU in at least 3 year, and after 3 year a much modern platform on midrange will exist that will trash even the Flagship 5950x in most workload

like I said, AMD is too expensive for it's price, totally not worth it

"you will not upgrade this CPU in at least 3 year, and after 3 year a much modern platform" that's kinda my resoning behind this upgrade. I5-7600 Kaby Lake was released in 2016 (bought it in 2017) so it carried me almost 5 years. I5-11400F (or somethig @Seban will recommend in his list) was released this year, so I think I'll use it a little bit more then 3 years.

54 minutes ago, Jerzy_Kaszubik said:

you shouldn't care too much unless you're buying the Flagship to of the line part

TLDR is AMD on lead because they Rent TSMC (Taiwan Company) factory for the Leading node, while Intel still building their own factory and improving their equipment

this allow AMD Scale the core count High (Ove 8 core) and not having nasty Heat problem like intel once they go on Core Count more than 8, still on Normal Human System 4/6/8 core system, their behavior and performance is similar

Intel simply isn't making SKU over 8 core today because it's not practical for them on consumer platform, AMD on the other hand has 5900x 12 core, and 5950x, 16 core, unless you need those 2 SKU you shouldn't think too much

9 minutes ago, heickelrrx said:

you shouldn't care too much unless you're buying the Flagship to of the line part

TLDR is AMD on lead because they Rent TSMC (Taiwan Company) factory for the Leading node, while Intel still building their own factory and improving their equipment

this allow AMD Scale the core count High (Ove 8 core) and not having nasty Heat problem like intel once they go on Core Count more than 8, still on Normal Human System 4/6/8 core system, their behavior and performance is similar

Intel simply isn't making SKU over 8 core today because it's not practical for them on consumer platform, AMD on the other hand has 5900x 12 core, and 5950x, 16 core, unless you need those 2 SKU you shouldn't think too much

I see a lot of comparison between Ryzen 5 3600 and I5-11400F. Let's say I would go with I5-11400F would it be suitable for smooth gameplay + 1080p streaming?

Edit: Also I don't have dedicated audio card and I've noticed it mostly in Diablo 3. When I turn off sounds completely I have over 120FPS but with sound on sound channels 128 or 256, I have drops to 80-90FPs and some occasional stutter. Could it be CPU problem?