Replacing old server with a workstation pc and unraid.. questions and help please

Ok so lets start this off by saying i have a bunch of old servers laying around my house (im in IT so i tend to gather old equipment).

For the last few years i have been using a dell R710. I have been using proxmox to manage this server. specs are below

2x xeon 6 core processors

24GB RAM (i have failing ram slots.. it is suppose to be 64GB)

4x 4TB 7200RPM toshiba enterprise storage drives

1x 500 GB SSD i run OS and some other stuff off of

On this machine i run a container for emby, a windows vm that i run my vpn (PIA) and utorrent, sonarr, radarr, etc, and finally I run a windows 10 VM that I work off of (dont want to use my actual gaming pc for work)

This has worked pretty good for a few years.. i even use to have 5400rpm wd reds in there (4tb) and upgraded to the 7200rpm enterprise drives.. However, not only am I running out of space, but I am also sharing my libraries with a few family members so i notice some slowness.

Also lately i made a whoopsie doodle. lets just say i hadnt linux'd for a while and i was trying to clear out my cache folder for emby and i accidentally wiped all files that were not currently locked on the ENTIRE proxmox environment.. needless to say, my emby still works for reasons that i wont waste time explaining how, however, I cannot access proxmox os, or shares or anything outside of the containers and vms.. so if they shut down or server reboots, its done.

So I have been thinking of upgrading anyways so when this happened, I went ahead and purchased an HP Z840 workstation. it has 2x 14-core xeons and 64GB of RAM. I also purchased 3x 10TB 7200RPM enterprise drives, and I have a crucial 525GB SSD laying around.

Anyways, the plan is to throw unraid in this system and put the 3 10tb drives in there with one of them being parity and the ssd being cache.

So now to my question.

I have another R410 server at my house i have been testing unraid on while i wait for my HP to come in.. I installed unraid and installed my dockers, etc.. i seem to have the dockers working and everything, but everytime i reboot my server, ALL of my settings for the dockers go away.. I read up about my appdata being set to write to cache only.. i tried that and its still happening. I swear ive spent days so far trying different combo's and everytime all my data is gone.

searching is bringing me to the same articles and I cant figure it out.

Anyone have any ideas? or is unraid even the right way to go?

Been following LTT for a long time, just decided to go to my forums here since most of my friends are either not tech nerds like me or have experience in other departments and dont ever venture into this realm.

Thanks everyone, have a GREAT day!