Help, please.

Go to solution Solved by Matszhie,
On 4/16/2021 at 6:47 PM, Teixeira79_ said:

Here it is, what do you think?

Capturar.PNG

A cpu score of 4.2k shouldn’t bottleneck a 1050 Ti. Usually a i5 8400 scores around 5000 here, but that is without any background applications open, so yours is probably fine. I therefore do not think that it is your cpu, so then the aforementioned solutions about having dual channel would help you. 

2 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

I mean if you plan on upgrading your motherboard soon, then you could get 3200 MHz ram and just run it at 2666MHZ until getting a new Motherboard. Just depends on what your plans are. If you are just looking to fix the issue then getting an additional stick of Ram identical to what you have is the bare minimum solution.

I am planning to get a new one for Christmas, is it worth it to get a new kit now?

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

they are both good options. if you think you'll upgrade motherboard and cpu withing the next year, then it makes sense to go for a 2x8 3200+kit.

if you don't think you'll upgrade until DDR5 lands (sometime next year), then there's no point in getting a kit, 1 8gb stick should hold you until then.

I think I will stick with buying a new DDR4 motherboard, because I have little money and they should be more affordable than the new DDR5 ones.

8 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

So lets say you have a RAM stick rated for 3200 MHz, if you install it and turn on your computer with XMP turned off, it will run at 2666MHz. If you turn on XMP, then it will allow it to run at its full 3200MHz. However according to curiousmind, your MoBo does not support it.

your motherboard supports the ram, it will just run at lower speed and you are wasting money since ddr5 is coming.

If you are going to upgrade to another platform with ddr4, maybe get higher speed ram.

8 minutes ago, Teixeira79_ said:

Because it would be more "future proof", and I would not need to upgrade it again when I upgrade my Motherboard. 

Am I right, or it is just dumb buying a whole new kit?

Buying a whole new kit of 2666mhz ram is a complete waste of money. Just buy a second stick of the same speed and timings.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

12 minutes ago, Teixeira79_ said:

How do I check CPU temps in FiveM? It only shows the GPU temp with the in-game overlay they have.

A good tool to use is hwinfo. Open it up and leave it running then play five m for 15 minutes then check the max value on your cpu package temp 

I think it is worth benchmarking your pc to see if the problem persists, programs you could use for this are Cinebench (used for benchmarking the cpu) PCmark and 3dmark.

5 minutes ago, Teixeira79_ said:

I am planning to get a new one for Christmas, is it worth it to get a new kit now?

That's a hard one because like I said, RAM prices are high right now. They might be low again by Christmas.. and its not a huge difference in money either. Like you can find 3200 MHz ram on sale for less than $80 USD, as compared to buying one stick identical to yours for like $40 - $50.

You could even benefit from 3000 MHz if you wanted to save more. Its stuff to think about. You'll probably see more of a benefit from going from 8 Gb to 16 Gb of ram, the speed would just be an added bonus in some games. 

And if you choose to just buy one stick of ram to add to your current build, you'll still be benefitting from it. There isn't really a wrong answer, just preference and what your plans are!

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

28 minutes ago, Teixeira79_ said:

My motherboard only goes up to 2666MHz, should I invest in a Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16? I am portuguese, and lots of components are not available. Will it run bad because of it being higher MHz RAM, or will it run at 2666MHz and run fine?

Just saw this, Corsair RAM is WAY overpriced. Crucial or Ballistics is usually What I recommend. Also RGB just adds cost for no performance. But it is pretty.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

10 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

your motherboard supports the ram, it will just run at lower speed and you are wasting money since ddr5 is coming.

If you are going to upgrade to another platform with ddr4, maybe get higher speed ram.

I wanted do get an  ATX Asus ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, is it not worth it?

12 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Buying a whole new kit of 2666mhz ram is a complete waste of money. Just buy a second stick of the same speed and timings.

I wanted to buy a 3200MHz kit*. 

11 minutes ago, Matszhie said:

I think it is worth benchmarking your pc to see if the problem persists, programs you could use for this are Cinebench (used for benchmarking the cpu) PCmark and 3dmark.

Which one of those are easier to use and show you? 

14 minutes ago, Sheep-welshman said:

A good tool to use is hwinfo. Open it up and leave it running then play five m for 15 minutes then check the max value on your cpu package temp 

Thank you, I will do it in 30 mins and show you. 

Just now, Teixeira79_ said:

I wanted to buy a 3200MHz kit*. 

Your motherboard doesn’t support anything over 2666mhz tho. Unless you plan to upgrade your CPU to something where there isn’t a RAM limiter (AM4 - B450, B550) (LGA 1200 - B560, Z490, Z590)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

8 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

That's a hard one because like I said, RAM prices are high right now. They might be low again by Christmas.. and its not a huge difference in money either. Like you can find 3200 MHz ram on sale for less than $80 USD, as compared to buying one stick identical to yours for like $40 - $50.

You could even benefit from 3000 MHz if you wanted to save more. Its stuff to think about. You'll probably see more of a benefit from going from 8 Gb to 16 Gb of ram, the speed would just be an added bonus in some games. 

And if you choose to just buy one stick of ram to add to your current build, you'll still be benefitting from it. There isn't really a wrong answer, just preference and what your plans are!

I'll need to think about it, but thank you very much for giving your standpoint. ❤️

Just now, Downkey said:

Your motherboard doesn’t support anything over 2666mhz tho. Unless you plan to upgrade your CPU to something where there isn’t a RAM limiter (AM4 - B450, B550) (LGA 1200 - B560, Z490, Z590)

If you read my responses, you would know that I am planning to upgrade my mother board by Christmas time. 

5 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

Just saw this, Corsair RAM is WAY overpriced. Crucial or Ballistics is usually What I recommend. Also RGB just adds cost for no performance. But it is pretty.

Here in Portugal, Corsair seems to be the cheaper one. G-Skill ripjaws are the only ones that are cheaper and from a reputable brand. 

Just now, Teixeira79_ said:

Here in Portugal, Corsair seems to be the cheaper one. G-Skill ripjaws are the only ones that are cheaper and from a reputable brand. 

Ripjaws are also good. Sorry, crucial makes ballistix, I messed up my response. I meant to say G-skill not crucial lol

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Just now, mr fobs said:

Ripjaws are also good. Sorry, crucial makes ballistix, I messed up my response. I meant to say G-skill not crucial lol

It is ok, I will try to go to retailers to see if there are cheap G-Skill or other good RAM kits, thank you.

You cannot enable XMP on your motherboard. Therefore 3200 will not do anything for you at the moment. It would be more future proof.

Options:

Cheapest - Just get one more TeamGroup 1x8GB 2400MHz - Could solve your issue

Good - Get a Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory kit. This 3200 kit is about the same price as a 2666 kit. So if you are getting a whole new kit this one would would give you your max speed on your current board and be great for your next build at Christmas.

Great -  Get the same Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory kit. Then also get an SSD you can afford to go with it. 500GB+ NVME would work.

- Note: If you choose to get a new SSD you will need to install windows on it instead of your HDD to get the most benefit.  You will need a USB with over 8GB of space to install Windows on the new SSD. Watch this to see how to install windows and get all setup (has some tips you will not need as well 😄).

2 minutes ago, TripleJD said:

You cannot enable XMP on your motherboard. Therefore 3200 will not do anything for you at the moment. It would be more future proof.

Options:

Cheapest - Just get one more TeamGroup 1x8GB 2400MHz - Could solve your issue

Good - Get a Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory kit. This 3200 kit is about the same price as a 2666 kit. So if you are getting a whole new kit this one would would give you your max speed on your current board and be great for your next build at Christmas.

Great -  Get the same Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory kit. Then also get an SSD you can afford to go with it. 500GB+ NVME would work.

- Note: If you choose to get a new SSD you will need to install windows on it instead of your HDD to get the most benefit.  You will need a USB with over 8GB of space to install Windows on the new SSD. Watch this to see how to install windows and get all setup (has some tips you will not need as well 😄).

If I install a fres new copy of Windows in a new NvME SSD, would I lose all my school stuff that I cannot lose that are currently located on my HDD?

Thank you for the option list and the video, it is really helpful and means a lot to me.

I really like 3D mark but it is not free, you can use the demo version. Pc Mark basic edition is free, but the advanced and professional edition are not. I think both are quite easy to use. I'd probably take 3Dmark myself in this case but it is up to you.

1 minute ago, Teixeira79_ said:

If I install a fres new copy of Windows in a new NvME SSD, would I lose all my school stuff that I cannot lose that are currently located on my HDD?

Thank you for the option list and the video, it is really helpful and means a lot to me.

That is a great question!

What I would do is backup everything you do not want to lose to one of the following:

- A USB Drive (Do not use the same USB as you use for installing Windows)

- An External Hard Drive

- An online service such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc

After that you can install the new operating system without worry of accidently overwriting anything important.

One Additional tip not in the video: If you do not set a password during the initial windows setup you can add one later in the  ctrl+alt+delete menu. This way you will not have to enter any security questions.

Finally once a fresh copy of windows is on your new NvME SSD you will want to boot to the SSD and... WAIT did you back up everything important already? Good continue.. then format your HDD for use. Formatting will delete everything on it allowing you to use it as a fresh storage device for whatever you need. The main reason to format in this case is to remove the old windows you no longer will be using. 

9 minutes ago, Matszhie said:

I really like 3D mark but it is not free, you can use the demo version. Pc Mark basic edition is free, but the advanced and professional edition are not. I think both are quite easy to use. I'd probably take 3Dmark myself in this case but it is up to you.

I used Cinebench lmao, do you want for me to install 3D mark an run it?

Here are the Cinebench score and CPU Temps while running it.

Capturar1.PNG

Capturar.PNG

3 minutes ago, TripleJD said:

That is a great question!

What I would do is backup everything you do not want to lose to one of the following:

- A USB Drive (Do not use the same USB as you use for installing Windows)

- An External Hard Drive

- An online service such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc

After that you can install the new operating system without worry of accidently overwriting anything important.

One Additional tip not in the video: If you do not set a password during the initial windows setup you can add one later in the  ctrl+alt+delete menu. This way you will not have to enter any security questions.

Finally once a fresh copy of windows is on your new NvME SSD you will want to boot to the SSD and... WAIT did you back up everything important already? Good continue.. then format your HDD for use. Formatting will delete everything on it allowing you to use it as a fresh storage device for whatever you need. The main reason to format in this case is to remove the old windows you no longer will be using. 

Great explanation, I will save this for when I get the new SSD, thank you so much for real! 😄

43 minutes ago, Matszhie said:

Is my score any good? Sorry, I have never used this.