Help, please.

Go to solution Solved by Matszhie,
On 4/16/2021 at 6:47 PM, Teixeira79_ said:

Here it is, what do you think?

Capturar.PNG

A cpu score of 4.2k shouldn’t bottleneck a 1050 Ti. Usually a i5 8400 scores around 5000 here, but that is without any background applications open, so yours is probably fine. I therefore do not think that it is your cpu, so then the aforementioned solutions about having dual channel would help you. 

Hey guys, I am just a 15 year old kid from Portugal that really needs help, I am sorry for my bad english, I will try to make this post as easy to read as possible. I do not have a lot of knowledge about bottlenecks and cpu and gpu usage while gaming, so I don't know what is my problem or how to fix it. 

So I have a pre-build that my dad got me two years ago when I was not knowledgeable about which stuff is good value and which stuf is not.

Games tested and were smooth and fine:

- Tom&Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (High settings) avg.65 fps

- Counter-Strike : Global Offensive (4:3 streched minimum settings) avg. 270fps

- Rocket League (almost everything maxed out) avg.73 fps

- World of Tanks (absolutely maxed out in SD version) avg. 61 fps

I was testing my CPU and GPU usage today in various game I play, and GPU usage was always +90 in most games, and even when it was not the games ran smoothly. But  then I went to play GTA V FiveM, and I could not use MSI AfterBurner because FiveM does not allow it, but it stutters a lot and is barely playable, it goes from 70fps to 25fps a lot of times, and when I opened task manager the CPU usage is on 100% and de GPU sometimes does not even reach 50%.

I tried to fix the bottleneck, but I do not think I am knowledgeable enough to do that.

My system:

CPU: Intel I5-8400 2.80GHz boost until 4.00 GHz (with stock cooler)

GPU: ASUS Pheonix 1050Ti 4GB

MOBO: ASUS H310M-A

RAM: TeamGroup 1x8GB 2400MHz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM st1000dm010-2ep102

PSU: Tooq 500W EcoPower II

In FiveM it usually says that it has only 80-90% CPU usage and 50-70% GPU usage, but task manager says that it is using 100% CPU and 45% GPU most times. It is so stuttery that it is unplayable, and I just wanted to play role play with my friends. 😞

Case: NOX Modus Blue (with a 120mm fan)Capturar.thumb.PNG.f2ff92307fd58313354e9c5f2da68b01.PNG

An i5-8400 should not bottleneck a 1050 Ti, do you have any background tabs opened? When you hit control shift escape at the same time you can see the taskmanager to see if it is actually GTA V which is taking up all the cpu usage

13 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

1 extra stick of ram, thus enabling dual channel should help quite a lot

I agree with this either buying an equal stick of ram will make a big difference.

EDIT: RAM is a little overpriced right now, but NewEgg has daily shell shockers you can get it at regular, non pandemic prices.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Your 8GB of ram is probably the issue.  As boggy also said. FiveM can have a lot of extra assets in game which your ram is required to load from your hard drive. I would say the chances are the CPU is having to work double time grabbing stuff from the hard drive and getting it into RAM because the game can’t load all the assets it wants/needs . Also check your temps your CPU could be down clocking if it’s getting to hot(just to be safe)

5 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

I agree with this either buying an equal stick of ram or just buying 2x8 GB 3200MHz should help significantly. 

With that being said, if you do upgrade to 3200 MHz, you would need to enable Intel XMP in your BIOS, but its very easy.

EDIT: RAM is a little overpriced right now, but NewEgg has daily shell shockers you can get it at regular, non pandemic prices.

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/product/Fb7p99/kingston-hyperx-fury-8-gb-1-x-8-gb-ddr4-2666-cl16-memory-hx426c16fb38

h310 motherboards don't support ram overclocking and his other stick of ram is 2666mhz anyway, so I just linked an 8gb stick of 2666mhz cl16 ram.

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

h310 motherboards don't support ram overclocking

Ah my apologies, I will edit that out of my post.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

I also think adding either a second matching TeamGroup 1x8GB 2400MHz stick or getting 2x8gb 2666 is the way to go. You could also upgrade to an SSD for a world of difference in general system performance:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory $79.95 @ B&H
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $109.99 @ Adorama
Storage Samsung 870 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $209.99 @ Adorama
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $399.93
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-16 09:55 EDT-0400  

EDIT: Fixed due to not noticing the lack of XMP on that board...

26 minutes ago, Matszhie said:

An i5-8400 should not bottleneck a 1050 Ti, do you have any background tabs opened? When you hit control shift escape at the same time you can see the taskmanager to see if it is actually GTA V which is taking up all the cpu usage

Capturar.PNG

Just now, TripleJD said:

I also think adding either a second matching TeamGroup 1x8GB 2400MHz stick or getting 2x8gb 3200 is the way to go. You could also upgrade to an SSD for a world of difference in general system performance:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory $86.99 @ Newegg
  Total $406.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-16 09:53 EDT-0400  

Why so much SSD Storage needed? Maybe a 250-500gig drive could be useful but not that much more

23 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

1 extra stick of ram, thus enabling dual channel should help quite a lot

My motherboard only goes up to 2666MHz, should I invest in a Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16? I am portuguese, and lots of components are not available. Will it run bad because of it being higher MHz RAM, or will it run at 2666MHz and run fine?

Just now, Teixeira79_ said:

My motherboard only goes up to 2666MHz, should I invest in a Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16? I am portuguese, and lots of components are not available. Will it run bad because of it being higher MHz RAM, or will it run at 2666MHz and run fine?

it will run at 2666. but why not just get 1 stick of 8gb 2666? surely that is cheaper.

4 minutes ago, Teixeira79_ said:

Capturar.PNG

Your background CPU usage does not seem to be very high so I do not think that that is the issue then.

23 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

I agree with this either buying an equal stick of ram will make a big difference.

NewEgg does not ship here. 😞

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Why so much SSD Storage needed? Maybe a 250-500gig drive could be useful but not that much more

My reasoning is that most people I set up with a SSD boot drive plus 1TB HDD end up putting everything on the SSD anyway and maxing it out which creates issues. Lately since SSD storage has gotten so much more affordable I recommend just going to the size of SSD that works for them and getting rid of the HDD (selling it). That is the reason I offered two options. 1TB or 2TB.

21 minutes ago, Sheep-welshman said:

Your 8GB of ram is probably the issue.  As boggy also said. FiveM can have a lot of extra assets in game which your ram is required to load from your hard drive. I would say the chances are the CPU is having to work double time grabbing stuff from the hard drive and getting it into RAM because the game can’t load all the assets it wants/needs . Also check your temps your CPU could be down clocking if it’s getting to hot(just to be safe)

How do I check CPU temps in FiveM? It only shows the GPU temp with the in-game overlay they have.

18 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/product/Fb7p99/kingston-hyperx-fury-8-gb-1-x-8-gb-ddr4-2666-cl16-memory-hx426c16fb38

h310 motherboards don't support ram overclocking and his other stick of ram is 2666mhz anyway, so I just linked an 8gb stick of 2666mhz cl16 ram.

X.M.P profile in my BIOS does not have an option to enable, it is locked on disabled, what does it do?

10 minutes ago, TripleJD said:

I also think adding either a second matching TeamGroup 1x8GB 2400MHz stick or getting 2x8gb 3200 is the way to go. You could also upgrade to an SSD for a world of difference in general system performance:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory $86.99 @ Newegg
  Total $406.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-16 09:53 EDT-0400  

So a 2x8 3200MHz and a 500GB Nvme SSD would be good and partially fix my problem?

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it will run at 2666. but why not just get 1 stick of 8gb 2666? surely that is cheaper.

Because it would be more "future proof", and I would not need to upgrade it again when I upgrade my Motherboard. 

Am I right, or it is just dumb buying a whole new kit?

1 minute ago, Teixeira79_ said:

X.M.P profile in my BIOS does not have an option to enable, it is locked on disabled, what does it do?

So lets say you have a RAM stick rated for 3200 MHz, if you install it and turn on your computer with XMP turned off, it will run at 2666MHz. If you turn on XMP, then it will allow it to run at its full 3200MHz. However according to curiousmind, your MoBo does not support it.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

7 minutes ago, Matszhie said:

Your background CPU usage does not seem to be very high so I do not think that that is the issue then.

What could it be tho? Sorry, I am really uneducated about this stuff.

Just now, Teixeira79_ said:

Because it would be more "future proof", and I would not need to upgrade it again when I upgrade my Motherboard. 

I mean if you plan on upgrading your motherboard soon, then you could get 3200 MHz ram and just run it at 2666MHZ until getting a new Motherboard. Just depends on what your plans are. If you are just looking to fix the issue then getting an additional stick of Ram identical to what you have is the bare minimum solution.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

7 minutes ago, TripleJD said:

My reasoning is that most people I set up with a SSD boot drive plus 1TB HDD end up putting everything on the SSD anyway and maxing it out which creates issues. Lately since SSD storage has gotten so much more affordable I recommend just going to the size of SSD that works for them and getting rid of the HDD (selling it). That is the reason I offered two options. 1TB or 2TB.

I do not have a lot of money, I am just a kid. A NVME SSD 500 GB should be fine to have as a boot device and place GTA there, or am I wrong?

3 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

So lets say you have a RAM stick rated for 3200 MHz, if you install it and turn on your computer with XMP turned off, it will run at 2666MHz. If you turn on XMP, then it will allow it to run at its full 3200MHz. However according to curiousmind, your MoBo does not support it.

Yup, it does not... Thanks for the explanation tho 😄

2 minutes ago, Teixeira79_ said:

they are both good options. if you think you'll upgrade motherboard and cpu withing the next year, then it makes sense to go for a 2x8 3200+kit.

if you don't think you'll upgrade until DDR5 lands (sometime next year), then there's no point in getting a kit, 1 8gb stick should hold you until then.