xfx rx 580 deshroud mod with noctua nf-nf12 fans

plsguyshelp

posting it since theres zero deshroud mod for this exact gpu, and stock fans are so SO SO BAD. so i think more people should this with their rx 580 specifically with xfx version since with stock fans i was getting to 80c and over playing heavy games like rdr2 and deus ex mankind divided and furmark temps were terrible it was getting to 90c if i didnt undervolt and ramp  fans to at least 70%. and OH MAN how loud are those fans, there would be 50% and you could hear it from another room. overall ziptie-ing 2 noctua fans was the a great choice and i also got gpu fan header to pwm adapter and i worked perfectly but be careful not to burn fan header on gpu. so heres pics. i used 5 zipties and pretty tightigly on. so yeah i hope people who struggle with this gpu temps and noise see this. less noise and under 70c. tested in rdr2 and it was around 65c with sometimes rising to 69, while fans at 1000-1150 rpm

IMG_20210415_193400.jpg

IMG_20210415_192802_1.jpg

Looks cool!

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

Looks cool!

PUN INTENDED

yikes

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Oh yeah the xfx and asrock cards are horrendous. Basically the only way to make them not suck is this way.

yeah i mean its ugly but its better than melting helicopter 

• 10 months later...

So sorry for necro-ing this post, but what do you mean by "be careful not to burn fan header on gpu"? Planning to do this with similar fans on my Asus 580 and don't want to damage anything.