A weird optimization issue in Rage 2

Emre21

Hi guys, I have played Rage 2 for approximately 6 hours and had no major issues thus far. FPS is mostly around 90 with all settings maxed out. However, I have seen a weird issue with the game. After I killed an NPC next to a wall in a ruin, I kept on shooting the dead body and as the body shed blood, I looked at the bloody wall and my FPS dropped to as low as 45. But when I looked at another wall or place, the FPS increased to 90s again.  I did the same to another NPC and the same case happened, making me assured this was a weird optimization or coding-related issue. Other than that, I had no stutters, lags, crashes or artifacts. Should I consider that weird issue as an optimization problem or take an action on my end? Thank you so much for your opinions.    

1 minute ago, Haraikomono said:

yes

Thank you.

Transparent effects (not solid, see through) like blood particles and water particles can on some games take a huge hit, usually a temporary spike that memory or gpu bandwidth can't overcome.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Transparent effects (not solid, see through) like blood particles and water particles can on some games take a huge hit, usually a temporary spike that memory or gpu bandwidth can't overcome.

Thanks for the info, I am playing with a 2060 Super. Anything I need to do or a problem I need to know? I have enjoyed the game thus far and had no problems other than this weird FPS drop.

29 minutes ago, Emre21 said:

Thanks for the info, I am playing with a 2060 Super. Anything I need to do or a problem I need to know? I have enjoyed the game thus far and had no problems other than this weird FPS drop.

Just a part of how some effects can still induce fps drops, non-solid effects still have to render things behind the non-solid, so much tiny variation/lighting/shadows/depth..
So when you go point blank drilling an enemy with heaps of blood splatter, if FPS chews down HARD, it's likely the transparency effects (Fire/Blood/Glass/Water/Smoke) and such where you can still see through these things, rendering a multitude of depths (each splatter is a new layer) when you go hard at it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

8 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Just a part of how some effects can still induce fps drops, non-solid effects still have to render things behind the non-solid, so much tiny variation/lighting/shadows/depth..
So when you go point blank drilling an enemy with heaps of blood splatter, if FPS chews down HARD, it's likely the transparency effects (Fire/Blood/Glass/Water/Smoke) and such where you can still see through these things, rendering a multitude of depths (each splatter is a new layer) when you go hard at it.

Thank you so much!