series x recording

I 'm planning  to buy a series x and sense I've always wanted to record.And  I know nothing about this.I can't use twitch because the people I play with just won't change their settings. So I have a couple of questions.Do i need a capture card?And If I do what is the best?How do I store the video?

Edit:sense their was confusion about my post let me explain some things.yes I'm going to buy a series x.People would have to include their audio in party chat and the default settings don't allow that.That's why people have to change their settings.And I'm recording to upload on YouTube.And the recording feature on the new Xbox does not include  party chat like the PlayStation 5,

Edited by Dogslovefood68

29 minutes ago, Dogslovefood68 said:

I 'm planning  to buy a series x and sense I've always wanted to record.And  I know nothing about this.I can't use twitch because the people I play with just won't change their settings. So I have a couple of questions.Do i need a capture card?And If I do what is the best?How do I store the video?

LTT did a video on capture methodology.  My memory is 3 ways were mentioned:

1. Capture system (can be internal or external)

2. A larger fairly modern Nvidia graphics card (2060 or more iirc) 

3. software (which needs extra cpu oomph)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

What do you mean? It feels like you're missing words in your post and it makes it very hard to understand.

You're going to buy an Xbox series X. Correct?

You want to record when you play games on your Xbox. Correct?

Why can't you use Twitch? Why would other people have to change their settings in order for you to stream to Twitch?

If you aren't going to stream to Twitch, what are you going to do exactly? Record yourself playing and then upload to Youtube?

The Xbox One X has a built in recording feature. You don't need a capture card. You do need an external hard drive however if you want to record more than 5 minutes of 720p.

Here is an IGN article that shows you exactly what buttons to press in the menu.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/How_To_Record_Gameplay_in_4K_HDR_On_Xbox_One_X

Since it's not quite clear, in case you want to stream to twitch that seems entirely possible also:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-social-activity/share-socialize/how-to-stream-twitch-on-xbox-one

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity