PC starts but doesn't boot or display anything

Pituce
Go to solution Solved by Analog,
Just now, Pituce said:

Put the battery and plugged everything. Turns on, LEDs turn on as I said (although they flicked for the 1st minute) and I am able to toggle the CAPSLock

You said you removed the graphics card, but the 2600X doesn't have internal graphics. So even though you are plugged into the motherboard, you will never get a display signal. B450 boards have video outputs as they are also made for APUs, which do have internal graphics. Therefore, put back in the graphics card and see if you get any image. 

Hello!

Was messing around learning how to overclock GPU / Memory, even tho I didn't even get far. Went to BIOS to explore the settings and stuff, from what I'm aware I didn't even change any settings, saved and exited, BSOD. From this point on, the PC turned on, but BSOD soon after boot. Used Memtest86+ to test the RAM since it was the last thing I was messing around with, turns out I got some errors. Turned the Voltage a bit and increased the CLatency, so it became more stable. Then I tried running the same tests but with only 1 stick at a time, all seemed fine. It was then I noticed I was running 2 different RAM sticks with different Voltages (1.35V and 1.2V)(1st one isn't even fully compatible with the MoBo, Im a newbie and was even worse when I first started building the PC). At some point I was running the PC with only the 1st memory stick (1.35V), and didnt notice I had 1.2V set on BIOS, PC never displayed again. It turns on but doesnt do anything other than fans spinning. Tried with the other RAM stick and even both, nothing. PC shocks me everytime even tho I have the PSU turned off and i discharged the capacitors by clicking the power button with the PSU off, I reset the CMOS by battery removing and by jumping the CMOS Reset pins, all to no effect.

Already removed the GPU just incase and am using the Motherboard's graphics.

Now I wonder, is the CPU, RAMs, PSU or the MoBo fucked, maybe multiple of those? Possible to know which one?

Specs:
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600X
Graphics: GTX 1650 4GB

MoBo: Gigabyte B450 Gaming X

RAM:  1x8GB 3000MHz CL16 1.35V + 1x8GB 2400MHz CL15 1.2V 

11 minutes ago, Pituce said:

Was messing around learning how to overclock GPU / Memory, even tho I didn't even get far. Went to BIOS to explore the settings and stuff, from what I'm aware I didn't even change any settings, saved and exited, BSOD. From this point on, the PC turned on, but BSOD soon after boot. Used Memtest86+ to test the RAM since it was the last thing I was messing around with, turns out I got some errors. Turned the Voltage a bit and increased the CLatency, so it became more stable. Then I tried running the same tests but with only 1 stick at a time, all seemed fine. It was then I noticed I was running 2 different RAM sticks with different Voltages (1.35V and 1.2V)(1st one isn't even fully compatible with the MoBo, Im a newbie and was even worse when I first started building the PC). At some point I was running the PC with only the 1st memory stick (1.35V), and didnt notice I had 1.2V set on BIOS, PC never displayed again. It turns on but doesnt do anything other than fans spinning. Tried with the other RAM stick and even both, nothing. PC shocks me everytime even tho I have the PSU turned off and i discharged the capacitors by clicking the power button with the PSU off, I reset the CMOS by battery removing and by jumping the CMOS Reset pins, all to no effect.

Already removed the GPU just incase and am using the Motherboard's graphics. Now I wonder, is the CPU, RAMs, PSU or the MoBo fucked, maybe multiple of those?

Specs:
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600X
Graphics: GTX 1650 4GB

MoBo: Gigabyte B450 Gaming X

RAM:  1x8GB 3000MHz CL16 1.35V + 1x8GB 2400MHz CL15 1.2V 

When you pulled the CMOS battery out, was the PC plugged into the wall? Also how long was the battery removed? When removing the battery the computer needs to to have no power going to it. Also the battery must be out of the motherboard for at least 30sec. If you didn't do it this way, redo the procedure. Also put in one stick of RAM in a slot that you haven't used before. Meaning if the memory was in slots B1 and B2, put a single stick in the A1 dimm and attempt to boot up the PC.

One more thing, is the PC completing POST? You can check this by pwoering on the computer waiting for about a minute and then pressing the CAPS LOCK button on the keyboard. If you are able to toggle it, then POST has been completed, but you aren't able to boot up. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

2 minutes ago, Analog said:

When you pulled the CMOS battery out, was the PC plugged into the wall? Also how long was the battery removed? When removing the battery the computer needs to to have no power going to it. Also the battery must be out of the motherboard for at least 30sec. If you didn't do it this way, redo the procedure. Also put in one stick of RAM in a slot that you haven't used before. Meaning if the memory was in slots B1 and B2, put a single stick in the A1 dimm and attempt to boot up the PC.

One more thing, is the PC completing POST? You can check this by pwoering on the computer waiting for about a minute and then pressing the CAPS LOCK button on the keyboard. If you are able to toggle it, then POST has been completed, but you aren't able to boot up. 

Yup it was unplugged and the battery was out for about 2 minutes. The computer is currently all turned off and unplugged with the battery still out (I took it out again, been like this for almost a hour now).

I'll try to change the RAM slots next time I boot it.

Didn't try the CapsLock thing, but last time I powered it, both the mouse and keyboard had LEDs that lighted up (NumLock).

Just now, Pituce said:

Didn't try the CapsLock thing, but last time I powered it, both the mouse and keyboard had LEDs that lighted up (NumLock).

Just having the lights is not enough. You need to be able to toggle them. If they toggle then there is a boot issue, which could be caused by the primary drive. If the computer doesn't POST at all then it is motherboard, RAM or processor related. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

3 minutes ago, Analog said:

Just having the lights is not enough. You need to be able to toggle them. If they toggle then there is a boot issue, which could be caused by the primary drive. If the computer doesn't POST at all then it is motherboard, RAM or processor related. 

Put the battery and plugged everything. Turns on, LEDs turn on as I said (although they flicked for the 1st minute) and I am able to toggle the CAPSLock

Just now, Pituce said:

You said you removed the graphics card, but the 2600X doesn't have internal graphics. So even though you are plugged into the motherboard, you will never get a display signal. B450 boards have video outputs as they are also made for APUs, which do have internal graphics. Therefore, put back in the graphics card and see if you get any image. 

6 minutes ago, Analog said:

Holy shit Im dumb, completely forgot the processor didn't have internal graphics even though the B450 can output image. It booted fine, probably the CMOS reset worked but I didnt know it since I took the card out. Thanks a lot!
Although this is a huge improvement, still maybe something got damaged in all of this? Im gonna buy another RAM stick equal to the 2nd one and get the 3000MHz 1.35v out, and Im gonna format the pc cause it needs it anyway. Should I be worried about anything else?

2 minutes ago, Pituce said:

Holy shit Im dumb, completely forgot the processor didn't have internal graphics even though the B450 can output image. It booted fine, probably the CMOS reset worked but I didnt know it since I took the card out. Thanks a lot!
Although this is a huge improvement, still maybe something got damaged in all of this? Im gonna buy another RAM stick equal to the 2nd one and get the 3000MHz 1.35v out, and Im gonna format the pc cause it needs it anyway. Should I be worried about anything else?

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it. If you tried overclocking the memory, this is probably what caused the issue in the first place. Some more budget-oriented motherboards aren't that good at memory overclocking so when you do punch in settings sometimes the board can't train the memory, causing the computer not to POST or to get stuck in a boot loop. 

1 minute ago, Analog said:

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it. If you tried overclocking the memory, this is probably what caused the issue in the first place. Some more budget-oriented motherboards aren't that good at memory overclocking so when you do punch in settings sometimes the board can't train the memory, causing the computer not to POST or to get stuck in a boot loop. 

Alrighty, thanks a lot for the help! cheers