Radiator Fans - Fan Controller or Motherboard?

draggs636

Hi All,

I think I know the Answer, yet thought I might as well check

I am running a Corsair RGB Lighting and Fan hubs. Also running Duel Fan Corsair Radiator.

Do I let the motherboard control the Radiator fans?

or

Do I put a temp sensor to the CPU and have the Fan hub have control of the fans?

Cheers

It's best to let the motherboard control the radiator fans and pump from the CPU temperature sensor through BIOS so they startup when you power on or /reset the computer. There is nothing wrong with software/hardware if it has more control than BIOS or if you prefer to have certain components done manually. You didn't mention what your computer is used for, but it really can come down to how much control do you really need. Everyone has their own preference for fan controls.

For example some people may use external control for fans/pump because they don't want them at full RPM when powering on the system. Perhaps a gaming system with poor airflow for the GPU may need software to control the case fans since motherboards do not have GPU temperature sensor to control from BIOS. There are some features in iCUE software I liked for RGB that I use for one system. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W