Question about cooling for the Ssupd Meshlicious.

Anonymous_Yee

So I am planning on building a pc with the Ssupd Meshlicious. And so when I was watching some videos abt it, some people say that the push config out the front or should I say "Negative Pressure" way of cooling is better for the thermals. I was wondering that has anyone actually tried this and would give me some ideas on how the heck am I supposed to do push config or pull config. I'm not a very techy person. I only know about the specs type of stuff.

Current Setup: PC

A "negative" pressure would indicate there is an ever so slight vacuum in your case.  I think it's better to be blowing the dust out instead of sucking it in.  I have a hard enough time keeping my machine clean on the inside, sure would hate to have to deal with the machine sucking in the dust, hair, and lint and the other stuff as well as what I already get.

Take Care and Good Luck.

Just now, kb5zue said:

A "negative" pressure would indicate there is an ever so slight vacuum in your case.  I think it's better to be blowing the dust out instead of sucking it in.  I have a hard enough time keeping my machine clean on the inside, sure would hate to have to deal with the machine sucking in the dust, hair, and lint and the other stuff as well as what I already get.

Take Care and Good Luck.

So its pushing it right? also, the case has mostly mesh, so it kinda acts like a dust filter. I'm fine with cleaning it once in a while.

Current Setup: PC

1 minute ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

So its pushing it right? also, the case has mostly mesh, so it kinda acts like a dust filter. I'm fine with cleaning it once in a while.

Correct, regardless whether the case is "filtering" or not the general belief is that it is better to be blowing the air/dust/lint out of the case instead of sucking it in.  I have a big case and what I have is two 140mm fans in the front of the case sucking cooler air into the case, two 140mm fans on the top of the case sucking the air out of the case, and one 160mm (I think 160mm anyway, not sure), at the back of the case blowing air out of the case.  

My PSU is a Corsair RM1000 and it has a fan inside all its own so it doesn't really apply in my situation.

Take Care and Good Luck.

The whole pressure thing is pointless. More in this case (literally) than anywhere else. Pressure only matters when you have sealed box. PC case is never even close to being sealed. Your upcoming case could as well be open testbench. There's no way you are going to achieve any pressure with it.

The key to air cooling is airflow. Where air comes from, where it goes, how far fans are from heatsinks they are supposed to cool. You should approach this cooling as if it was testbench. So what are the actual coolers you are going to be using? How long distance it will be from intake fans to those coolers? Does air even reach the heatsink/cooler?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv