I9 10850k is it worth getting at this time?

I am making a new rig mainly for photo and 4 k video editing. I wonder if I9 10850k is still a good processor to buy at this time or should I look for an alternative? I heard some cons about it mainly that it is drawing lot's of power? I can get it for around 420 USD. What would be a good alternative?

Thank you all. 

For this budget it's currently very attractive. Alternatives would be a 3900X for a few bucks more if you know you can utilize the extra cores anyway.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

For this budget it's currently very attractive. Alternatives would be a 3900X for a few bucks more if you know you can utilize the extra cores anyway.

Cheers. I am looking for a CPU that has integrated GPU. Thus I prepare Intel alternative unless it has an integrated GPU.

Just now, Herkul said:

Cheers. I am looking for a CPU that has integrated GPU. Thus I prepare Intel alternative unless it has an integrated GPU.

Then the 10850K will be as good as it gets right now.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

Then the 10850K will be as good as it gets right now.

Thanks a lot!