High GPU useage while on idle

Hi guys,

I have a huge problem with my PC and the internet and the Microsoft forum wasn't helpful at all but I think you guys might be able to help me out there.

I don't really know when this problem first occurred, but I guess it's since the start of the year. The exact Problem is that sometimes when I'm idling sometimes my GPU spikes to a 100% and when I take a look at the task manager the 3D usage is stuck at a 100%  and the Video Encode is stuck at -1%, I don't really know why this happens, but after a quick restart everything works just fine but when this Problem occurs the PC is literally unusable.

I will list my specs down below ( and yeah ik its CPU bottlenecked)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 4Ghz

GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2070 XTREME 8G

RAM: 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz

Storage: 250 GB Crucial mmx500, 1tb Toshiba generic HDD

What process is using 100% of your GPU? cant you see it in task manager?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

28 minutes ago, rukataki said:

and yeah ik its CPU bottlenecked

nope. your cpu is more than enough for that setup

1 hour ago, Haraikomono said:

nope. your cpu is more than enough for that setup

Used a wrong character there, I meant to say GPU.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, rukataki said:

when this Problem occurs the PC is literally unusable

please elaborate

11 hours ago, Levent said:

What process is using 100% of your GPU? cant you see it in task manager?

No you can't that's the weird thing. On the Microsoft forums someone wrote that it has something to do with AMD and some windows builds but idk I reseted my windows a couple of times, but this thing still occurs, but it's totally random sometimes it doesn't happen for day's, but sometimes I have this problem multiple times a day. When it happens the next time I will screenshot it and post it under my post. Another weird thing that often occurs that my SSD is at 100%, and often it goes hand in hand with my other problem. I will keep you guy up to date here, and I really appreciate your willingness to help me out here.

THX (I'm sorry for my bad English I'm not a native speaker)

• 1 month later...

Quick  Update

For quite a while I reckon since 2 weeks after I opened this thread. These mysterious problems stopped. But since the last Windows 10 update this week I encounter these problems every hour or so and the last time it was only the video encode that went to -1% usage but after the last update this problem occurred also for the 3d thing. I'd love to show you guys with a screenshot, but windows doesn't allow to save the screenshots after I took them when I have this issue. I will repair my Windows today or tomorrow I will definitely keep you up to date!