Look in for a 13 inch couch laptop? Suggestion?

Hi

What do you guy suggest for a coutch laptop. Primary reason surfing the net, watching movie. Don't want a chrome device and I don't like the limitation. 

Model I am currently looking are surface laptop line. Dell xps. Samsung laptop or hp. 

I currently have a asus transformer book but start to get old, batterie won't last and won't a real laptop this time, as the tablet with a keyboard attachment is hard to put on laps. 

Any suggestion? I hears the Microsoft surface 4 is coming very soon? Maybe? 

can it also be 14" ?

Just now, Armymen said:

Hi

What do you guy suggest for a coutch laptop. Primary reason surfing the net, watching movie. Don't want a chrome device and I don't like the limitation. 

Model I am currently looking are surface laptop line. Dell xps. Samsung laptop or hp. 

I currently have a asus transformer book but start to get old, batterie won't last and won't a real laptop this time, as the tablet with a keyboard attachment is hard to put on laps. 

Yeah I would be ok with 14 max.

Something small. 

Ya dont mind a mac? M1 Macbook Air is imho is on the money for raw content consumption from its battery life alone, if you dont mind lack of bootcamp support nor x86 programmed apps when rosetta 2 runs dry in 5 year or so.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Lenovo x370 - x390 13" Pricing: pretty hefty, but good performance, and very good wacom touch display

HP x360 13" - meh, not a fan pricing: pretty hefty but less than lenovo x390, looks ugly though

or the current version:

X1 yoga - expensive as mount everest

Surface Laptop Go sounds pretty perfect for your use case. It's small, light, and relatively cheap. The 3:2 aspect ratio is fantastic for web browsing or any type of productivity. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 hour ago, Chris Pratt said:

Surface Laptop Go sounds pretty perfect for your use case. It's small, light, and relatively cheap. The 3:2 aspect ratio is fantastic for web browsing or any type of productivity. 

Thanks I might consider this one. 

10 minutes ago, Armymen said:

Thanks I might consider this one. 

the good thing about the surface laptops is the lack of fan grills at the bottom, which means you don't have to worry about suffocating airflow if you put it down on the couch.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I agree with @SorryClaire.

If a Macbook Air M1 is in your Budget, you can literaly not buy a better Notebook hands down.

One of the best Displays in the pricerange, pretty much the best "everyday-performance", Battery life and Speaker quality without competition.

That with a Fanless Design which could never ever bother you, and yet it never gets warm in normal Tasks.

Plus, Macbook-typical best Trackpad usage.

Even with double the Price, there isn't anything better tbh (that combination of Performance, battery Life, heat output, noise, display, speakers). Maybe the Macbook Pro M1 that does some things a little bit better - but for most it's not worth the price difference.

2 hours ago, Armymen said:

Hi

The ROG Flow X13. It's an amazing little beast with 16:10 touchscreen display which is great for productivity/browsing and Ryzen 7 58(9)00HS with GTX 1650 just in case you need the power. It can run completely on passive mode for most of the time i spend just browsing around.

The main downside is It's currently an Unobtanium device, i got very lucky to live in a country where most people don't have the money to buy this, so demand isn't such a big deal.