New S2721DGF, Color Banding(?) Concerns

Code E

I have a new monitor that I've been very happy with so far. It's the Dell S2721DGF. I tried some of the high refresh rate monitors from Dell years ago when they only had TN panels at those refresh rates... and I was very unhappy with them because of a lot of banding issues with darker scenes and what not. Like a pixelated and blocky mess. I hadn't noticed any on this monitor for a bit after getting it, it's an IPS (which I thought would eliminate this issue completely) and it's definitely better... but I'm still noticing a minor bit in some situations... and with the menu in Call of Duty Warzone, I just realized it looks AWFUL and I'm wondering if this is normal for this game or something? Anyone know? Could I have a setting off somewhere or could this monitor be defective in some way? Thank you for your time.

warzonebanding.png

That looks like a screenshot - in which case we can't see what your monitor looks like.

Having said that, if you are referring to the banding in the background of the image above, it's completely normal. Don't know why some games do that.

Well, it showed the issue that was bothering me. That answers my question though. Thank you! Feel better about the monitor now.

Edit: After thinking about it... I really should have known better than that. I've been under a lot of stress lately, LOL. Boy do I feel dumb...