Motherboard lights on, everything else off.

himimdango

My friend has recently helped me finish my pc build. After completing it the motherboard lights were on but nothing else was on, no fans spinning etc. When building some pressure was applied to the stock cpu heatsink in order for it to be screwed in. If possible can someone come up with some ideas on why my pc isn't turning on. 

Components

mobo - Asus Tuf gaming b450plus

gpu - Tuf gaming gtx 1650

cpu - Amd Ryzen 5 3600

ram -viper steel ram 16gb

psu - Corsair cx650m 

and two storages hhd and ssd (sata) 

Did you make sure to fully connect all your power connectors? If so, having post codes would help tremendously.

Do the fans don't turn on at all? Normally when you start the PC all fans should run at least for a couple seconds.

You can also unplug your graphics card and plug the HDMI cable in the motherboard's HDMI slot. If you see something on the screen then it's most likely a problem with your GPU. If you can get into the BIOS the problem will be much easier to troubleshoot.

1 minute ago, Breyf said:

Do the fans don't turn on at all? Normally when you start the PC all fans should run at least for a couple seconds.

You can also unplug your graphics card and plug the HDMI cable in the motherboard's HDMI slot. If you see something on the screen then it's most likely a problem with your GPU. If you can get into the BIOS the problem will be much easier to troubleshoot.

Nothing will turn on only motherboard :v

1 hour ago, GalacticRuler said:

Did you make sure to fully connect all your power connectors? If so, having post codes would help tremendously.

When my friend finished building it we wnet through and reconnected everything and made sure everything was in correctly

4 minutes ago, himimdango said:

Nothing will turn on only motherboard :v

Even with the monitor connected to the motherboard's HDMI port and unplugged graphics card?

Can you post a picture of the motherboard and the connected cables?

5 minutes ago, Breyf said:

Even with the monitor connected to the motherboard's HDMI port and unplugged graphics card?

Can you post a picture of the motherboard and the connected cables?

sure thing might take a while though brb

Just now, himimdango said:

image.jpg

When I re plugged the motherboard the light turned on for the motherboard

Everything should be fine. Tomorrow I am going to my tech shop and ask them what's wrong with it. After that I will resolve the problem and explain what went wrong. I am gonna post the troubleshoot solution here for future people who have similar problems.

I assume the graphics card is just unplugged for testing purposes?
Does it do anything if you press the power button? If it doesn't do anything most likely is that you made a mistake with the wiring of the system panel connector. There are some differences with the wiring layout between different cases. Normally the individual wires of the case are labeled on the ends. Check if you did the pins correctly. You can check your motherboards configuration in this user manual https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-A/E11133_MB_Pin_Definition_v2_print_vendor_only.pdf

Section 16 "System panel connector". Just look which layout your motherboard uses and connect it like it is shown in the manual.

At least that's a common mistake most people make when building a PC.