First Build - advice and recommendations appreciated

AJFresh

Budget: Was shooting for around $2,000 - $2,500 USD, but willing to wait to save if needed and add on overtime. 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Wanting an all purpose machine. Work with basic Microsoft programs and web browsing. Gaming with friends or solo. Not going pro or looking to stream, but don't want to be playing on low settings to achieve playable fps. 

Other details:

Currently own an older 24 inch 1080p monitor, but would like to upgrade to at least a 27 inch 1440p eventually (haven't even started researching this yet)

Upgrading from a 10 year old Dell laptop issued to me by the military, so the current bar is pretty low but I'd like something that will good enough to get me through the next several years.

Look/style matters more to me than it should, but I'm looking for a white/silver build that will look clean enough for our home office but fun enough to please my inner gamer.

Current parts list plan: (already have some parts)

Case:

Corsair iCUE 5000X ATX RGB Tempered Glass Mid tower - White

Motherboard:

Asus Prime X570-Pro AM4 Zen 3

CPU:

Ryzen 5 5600x

Ram:

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB XXGB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHZ C16 Memory kit - White 

Cooler: 

Corsair - iCUE H150i Elite Capellix 360mm radiator, liquid cpu cooler - White

Storage: 

SSD - Samsung EVO 970 Plus SSD 1 TB

HDD - Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB internal hard drive 

PSU:

Corsair - RMx Series 750W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - White

GPU: RTX 3070 Vision OC or Asus Rog Strix 3070 White

Finding a white GPU that isn't being scalped for Double MSRP is proving to be quite difficult and I would appreciate advice on where to go with making sure I spend my money wisely.

I'm planning on adding some more fans, Ram, and other upgrades over time, but just looking to get something going in the next month or so before my laptop stops running.

Your plan looks good, I really have no comment. Maybe look into ultra wide 1440p screens?

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

Your plan looks good, I really have no comment. Maybe look into ultra wide 1440p screens?

I would go with a 1440p 144hz over a ultra widescreen 

18 minutes ago, Flicks said:

I would go with a 1440p 144hz over a ultra widescreen 

One doesn't exclude the other

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

That's my thought exactly. Just no use having a nice monitor until I've gotten my PC up and running. 

2 hours ago, curiousmind34 said:

Motherboard is most definitely overkill.

Would go with this one https://www.amazon.com/MSI-MAG-B550-TOMAHAWK-Motherboard/dp/B089CWDHFZ and use the money you save to upgrade to a 5800x.

I actually got the motherboard already. It was on sale a while back, so I grabbed it. Shouldn't be any issues with using it though right? 

1 minute ago, AJFresh said:

I actually got the motherboard already. It was on sale a while back, so I grabbed it. Shouldn't be any issues with using it though right? 

There are no issues, in fact it's probably a better motherboard, just a bit pricey