Problem with Folding Slot in unRAID

Go to solution Solved by j1philli,
16 hours ago, Bigtruck747 said:

No worries at at!  I really appreciate all the help I get from the community!  More than likely I will just switch out the GTX 690 with something a little newer when GPU's drop down to something reasonable!

Have a great day!

You a wonderful day as well! Make sure to pick a post as answered on your post so mods know to archive it when the time comes!

Hello!

I need some help getting a folding slot working again.

I have a GTX 690, which is a dual GPU.  I had Folding @ Home running fine on the CPU and one of the GPU's ... and then I made some changes to the docker settings to try and get the second GPU  to start folding also.

The setting I changed were to add a "Variable" -> Nvidia Visible Devices: (that I called GPU #2) ... & added the GPU ID ... and then pressed 'APPLY'.

The docker started back up fine ... but then my first GPU wasn't folding.  The CPU and the second GPU are folding.  When I open the web GUI it tells me the 'GPU disabled' ... when I mouse over the red dot for that GPU, it tells me 'Folding slot disabled'.  Does anyone know how to get both GPU's folding at the same time?

Thank you for all your help!!

F@H1.png

F@H2.png

In unraid I have a capability variable that might fix your issue.(Spoiler) I've never dealt with a duel GPU card in unraid before but I know it does weird things in windows.

Spoiler

folding.thumb.PNG.e7f84c4c18594dd4840e7d9c421eec4a.PNG

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

On 4/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, Bigtruck747 said:

Hello!

I need some help getting a folding slot working again.

I have a GTX 690, which is a dual GPU.  I had Folding @ Home running fine on the CPU and one of the GPU's ... and then I made some changes to the docker settings to try and get the second GPU  to start folding also.

The setting I changed were to add a "Variable" -> Nvidia Visible Devices: (that I called GPU #2) ... & added the GPU ID ... and then pressed 'APPLY'.

The docker started back up fine ... but then my first GPU wasn't folding.  The CPU and the second GPU are folding.  When I open the web GUI it tells me the 'GPU disabled' ... when I mouse over the red dot for that GPU, it tells me 'Folding slot disabled'.  Does anyone know how to get both GPU's folding at the same time?

Thank you for all your help!!

F@H1.png

F@H2.png

Usually when I see GPU disabled in Folding at Home it means the folding client has gotten confused. Use the advanced Control app from that container or another by adding the ip then edit the client deleting the old GPU slot then add it again.  And reboot or restart the container.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

Thank you both!!  I've tried both methods, and so far I still can't get the other/first GPU to Fold.  I'm wondering if it's an issue with the GTX 690 being a dual GPU???  Maybe with unRAID a person can only use one GPU per physical PCI-e slot???

On 4/12/2021 at 7:32 AM, Bigtruck747 said:

Thank you both!!  I've tried both methods, and so far I still can't get the other/first GPU to Fold.  I'm wondering if it's an issue with the GTX 690 being a dual GPU???  Maybe with unRAID a person can only use one GPU per physical PCI-e slot???

I don't have any other suggestions. Often utilities had to be specifically verified to work with these duel gpu cards and now that they don't make them anymore support with current apps has just gone down hill. My experience is on windows so I wouldn't be surprised if its leaking out to linux. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

23 hours ago, j1philli said:

I don't have any other suggestions. Often utilities had to be specifically verified to work with these duel gpu cards and now that they don't make them anymore support with current apps has just gone down hill. My experience is on windows so I wouldn't be surprised if its leaking out to linux. Sorry I can't be of more help.

No worries at at!  I really appreciate all the help I get from the community!  More than likely I will just switch out the GTX 690 with something a little newer when GPU's drop down to something reasonable!

Have a great day!

16 hours ago, Bigtruck747 said:

Have a great day!

You a wonderful day as well! Make sure to pick a post as answered on your post so mods know to archive it when the time comes!