Can coolermaster hyper 212x handle i5 4670K

kungfury7

As per the title. I'm planning to do some OC'ing, but not extreme fashion. Can this cooler handle the stress and keep moderate temps? It would be great to hear some response from you guys who use same CPU and cooler.

Sure it can, up to 4,4-4,5 ghz would be my guess.

Ok i guess its up to 4,2 with common chips.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Get a 212EVO. It can probably handle up to 4.2ghz if you don't have to use a crazy amount of voltage, and you will want good fans with good thermal paste on there.

hyper 212x is basicly hyper 212 evo, maybe a degree or two cooler

i guess quieter fan, and about 4.2 OC

For a minor overclock it will do fine, if you 're looking for 4Mhz+++ then no buy a much better cooler

For a minor overclock it will do fine, if you 're looking for 4Mhz+++ then no buy a much better cooler

You mean Ghz? :P

Lots of jiggahertz yes! overklerk dem cerperYOUS

Do you have anything productive to say? 

You mean Ghz? :P

yeah I was talking about RAM and forgot to switch over to cpu mode :P

IMO though I wouldn't go much over 4Ghz on a 212

yeah I was talking about RAM and forgot to switch over to cpu mode :P

IMO though I wouldn't go much over 4Ghz on a 212

4mhz is still pretty slow for RAM :P 

Do you have anything productive to say? 

Certainly sir.

The CPU cooler with the model name " Hyper 212 Evo " is without a doubt capable of keeping the CPU cool in overclocked state:

With clock rates over 4Ghz it's still a quit solution for your masterrace-gaming rig.

Hu

mor

fun

<3

Certainly sir.

The CPU cooler with the model name " Hyper 212 Evo " is without a doubt capable of keeping the CPU cool in overclocked state:

With clock rates over 4Ghz it's still a quit solution for your masterrace-gaming rig.

Hu

mor

fun

<3

You're funny. Here, have a cookie.

You're funny. Here, have a cookie.

Where's the cookie my friend?

You don't deserve the cookie, the cookie is mine... All mine... Forever.

You don't deserve the cookie, the cookie is mine... All mine... Forever.

Sigh.. poor me

I already gave you the cookie my friend... you just didnt know it yet.

I already gave you the cookie my friend... you just didnt know it yet.

You force feed me the cookie like in DayZ.

:D

The Hyper 212 (Years old, the one with the non-smoothed out gappy heat pipelines underneath - v1.0 ) is what I have cooling my SigBeast. Between 4.8-5.0ghz its at the throttling point (around 85-90*c /w HT on) and /w HT off (i5 mode) I could almost keep 5.0ghz not throttling most of the time but it was fair close (82-87*c)

A slightly thicker cooler or really really good fans or both would enable really good overclocks. So would taking a long look at your case, and getting better fans suited towards your thought out "airflow end game solution"

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

For comparison, my i5-4670k is comfy at 4.4GHz/1.2V and sticks around 45C (+/-5C) when heavy gaming/real world applications, and around 65C when synthetic stress testing with a 212 Evo. I've pushed up to 4.6GHz as well temporarily, but didn't stick around long enough to test it (other things took priority).

Saying that the 212's can only take you to 4GHz is stupid. You can go higher than that if you take the time to watch your temps/etc (I use a second monitor just for watching temps/etc).

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Sigh.. poor me

:D Never mind you can have it... its chocolate chips... I hate those. 

I've pushed up to 4.6GHz as well temporarily, but didn't stick around long enough to test it (other things took priority).

You can go higher than that if you take the time to watch your temps/etc

This is pretty much it, everyone has a different Highest Temp Reading threshold for their own CPU's, Some are comfy at 75*c, some 85*c, thats why take your time with it, and optimizing/finetuning it is the best way to ensure of what its capable of attaining without giving up yourself too easily, dedicate a whole evening to the finetuning/maximum overclock stability state.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

:D Never mind you can have it... its chocolate chips... I hate those. 

Chocolate chip hater? Don't be a hooligan please. Everyone knows oatmeals and raisin are the real devil.

Chocolate chip hater? Don't be a hooligan please. Everyone knows oatmeals and raisin are the real devil.

I like Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate chips. Not Dark or milk chocolate chips. Oatmeal is nasty and peanut butter is too thick.