Is there a increasing light filter?

Hi, I was using a 55-250mm efs 4/5.6 and I was shooting at a stadium at night. I couldnt get the desired image without increasing iso to 8000 and the aperture was locked at 5.6 80% of the time and the shutter was 400 of a second. I tried cutting down the iso to 4000, and I put the shutter to 200 of a second. I found motion blur in some of the images and it still wasn't the desired sharpness. Obviously they were good enough but the photos I saw of other people doing the same thing at the same stadium with the same lens and their settings was 1/320 of a second iso 1000 5.6. And I was wandering if there was a filter that made more light hit the censor. 

Thanks,

Not much of a photographer, but I'd assume a filter can only ever remove, never add. To get more light, you'd need a bigger lens or some light source. Are you sure the images in question were not "enhanced" digitally afterwards?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Not much of a photographer, but I'd assume a filter can only ever remove, never add. To get more light, you'd need a bigger lens or some light source. Are you sure the images in question were not "enhanced" digitally afterwards?

It was my friend. He was next to me and we have the same kits almost and he showed me the photo as soon as he took the photo

There are things called speedboosters, but it doesn't seem to match up with your description.

Probably just down to better technique (i.e. how stable you can hold the camera)

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

There are things called speedboosters, but it doesn't seem to match up with your description.

Quick research says this is basically a bigger lens (so that more light can reach your sensor)

You use a camera with a small sensor, a "speedbooster" to focus the light and act as an adapter for a bigger lens: https://www.dpreview.com/articles/2667195592/first-impressions-metabones-speed-booster

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

you just need a faster lens with better optics. a F5.6 doesn't say how much light gets in thats why T stops are used in cinema. F stop is the math equation of how much could come through. T stop is how much actually light gets through 
you can't use a speed booster here between EF-S to EF-S (S35/ APS-C) sensor

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs