Weird question regarding desk

Rodark

Hey there, here is a question for you. The wood on my desk, is kinda hard for my elbow. Sometimes, especially after long gaming sessions, it feels weird. Any idea of what kind of fabric or something i can use to "dress" the desk?

I dont know the measurements of your table, but Id advise you to not lean to much on your table, since it will have negative impact after some time.

Instead get a good gaming chair with good elbow rest.

But if the desk is wide and has a large depth to it, then get a soft Large Mouse pad for your desk, they come in different material, and its really a preference thing, so you have

to decide for yourself how it feels

generally your keyboard and mouse should be near the edge of your desk, so your elbows aren't on it, at all.

Five Steps to Improve Ergonomics in the Office | EHS Today

You can try using those large mouse pads for gamers or set alarm clock to get proper breaks every 45-60 minutes or more frequent for starters .

-> Moved to Peripherals

I would agree that you are probably sitting with your arms pressing against the edge. Which means that in longer use you will restrict blood flow and have issues related to that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As everyone else have said, the issue here is not that your desk is hard. It's that you are not sitting correctly at your desk, and you will get issues if you keep sitting in that way.

Your elbows should be on the desk at all. This is how you should sit:

ergonomic-workspace-guide.thumb.png.c135577097e00f40787d4a47ac85810e.png

And yes, I know it will sound silly, but you will thank yourself when you get older. Being 30 and feeling like you're 60 because of bad posture when you were 15 is not fun.

wow i did not realize how wrong my hands were. you are right, my elbow rests 1-3cm before the end of the table. i guess i should lower the area my hand rests