27'' 4k 144hz GSync LG 27GN950-B issues/alternative?

SEJBR

Hello everyone, first time writing here, nice to meet you. I'm in a bit of a pickle with two main questions and a story.

After all those ads, Top X ranking etc. I've decided to finally jump into 4k 144hz and bought LG 27GN950-B about 4 months ago and well...

On the first one, DP broke after exactly one month (exactly 1st to 1st of the next month). Monitor was being detected by windows but the display was black, the integrated menu stuck showing 0Hz (HDMI worked fine).

Sent it to my local LG and after 1,5 months and some back and forth, got a reply that They don't have highend enough PC to test the monitor, 60hz works and I will get a new one - fine.

Got the new one, DP immediately had artifacts, I've updated the firmware just to be sure - no change. Sent to LG again. Half a month - received the same unit with "fixed DP connections".

EXACTLY to a second - one month of using after that... The same issue as the first replaced monitor. DP output suddenly died. Windows sees monitor just fine, menu shows 0Hz. Resetting any display settings does not help.

I have tried DDU and other things but I am pretty sure that's not my PC's fault (both monitors worked fine for a month. I can post pc specs if that's relevant).

TLDR;

- Has anyone else had/heard about issues with that monitor? I was looking around a bit and found lack of such issues online. Am I the unluckiest person in my region to have all LG replacements break on me?

- What are good 4k 144hz GSync/GSync-compatible alternatives for this monitor around the same price (maybe $100-200 more if necessary)? I can replace it again but to be honest I feel done with LG for the time being. And I hope for a refund. I don't care for HDR. Had some issues with Nvidia Shadowplay and HDR but I am open to revisit the idea of HDR.

I am aware of Acer Predator series and some Asus ROG Strix monitors at 4k 144hz but found no comprehensive comparison between all those models and the 27GN950-B.

Thank you for your help