Is myMy ambient room TEMP increase caused by 65C Air Cooler?

Chronic slow 2015 computer built in 2015.

Asus maximus VII(7) hero.

After market HSF Air Cooled

Yes. This is why its been a meme for years that PCs are glorified space heaters. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

yep even in the winter my window are open as when the two PC in my room are on it gets to hot.

42 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

Chronic slow 2015 computer built in 2015.

Asus maximus VII(7) hero.

After market HSF Air Cooled

What exactly are you asking? Are you asking if the PC is creating heat? Or if the cooler you have on it is causing "more heat to be put into your room"?

Either way, the answer is computers create as much heat as they are using; if your PC is drawing 400 watts of power from the wall, its basically creating 400 eats of heat energy going into your room. The cooler (heatsinks, fans, water cooler, whatever) is just moving that heat better from the parts to the air in your room, but the amount of heat being created and thus what ends up in your room is the same. Some coolers just do a better job of getting the heat out of the parts and into the air, but ultimately the amount of heat that will be in your room will be the same, better coolers just get the heat into the room faster (instead of the heat being stuck in the part or being stuck in the heatsink itself, its transferring the heat out to the ambient air more efficiently, which cools the parts down). 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 11:28 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

Yes. This is why its been a meme for years that PCs are glorified space heaters. 

First THX for the reply. But can you give me the 4th grade way of how to read that huge list?🤠

On 4/7/2021 at 12:09 AM, LIGISTX said:

What exactly are you asking? Are you asking if the PC is creating heat? Or if the cooler you have on it is causing "more heat to be put into your room"?

Either way, the answer is computers create as much heat as they are using; if your PC is drawing 400 watts of power from the wall, its basically creating 400 eats of heat energy going into your room. The cooler (heatsinks, fans, water cooler, whatever) is just moving that heat better from the parts to the air in your room, but the amount of heat being created and thus what ends up in your room is the same. Some coolers just do a better job of getting the heat out of the parts and into the air, but ultimately the amount of heat that will be in your room will be the same, better coolers just get the heat into the room faster (instead of the heat being stuck in the part or being stuck in the heatsink itself, its transferring the heat out to the ambient air more efficiently, which cools the parts down). 

I'm terrified of installing a water cooling even the AIO's. So if I limit my self to say $75 and only use Air Cooling Systems with bracket adapters which avoids that CLAMP DOWN horror show for this outdated MOBO Asus maximus VII(7) hero with a I5 4570 and my next build is Ryzen 2700x?

I thank u for your time and patience.

10 hours ago, RaputerXpert said:

I'm terrified of installing a water cooling even the AIO's. So if I limit my self to say $75 and only use Air Cooling Systems with bracket adapters which avoids that CLAMP DOWN horror show for this outdated MOBO Asus maximus VII(7) hero with a I5 4570 and my next build is Ryzen 2700x?

I thank u for your time and patience.

What clamp down horror show?

But also, what is the question? Originally you asked if your rooms ambient temperatures is higher due to your heatsink?

The answer to that is no. Your PC will creat the same amount of heat, a better heat sink just does a better job of getting that heat into the air in your room faster.

You have to think of it in terms of energy. The PC will use say 300 watts of electricity, basically all 300 of that is turned into heat. That heat is going to go into the air in your room no matter what heatsink or AIO you have. A better heatsink will just help the cpu get rid of its, say 120 watts of heat more effectively which drops the CPU temperature. So. Actually, a worse heatsink will keep your room cooler for longer since it is less efficient at transferring the CPU heat to the air. Eventually though, the heat will go somewhere. And that is into the air in your room. So, eventually, it’s all the same. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

On 5/2/2021 at 2:59 AM, LIGISTX said:

What clamp down horror show?

But also, what is the question?

Horror was the HSF that came with my Ryzen 2700x. I had to force the clamp down so hard I was certain the motherboard would crack or the area around the socket, the hook onto plastic, would snap off. So I am asking which air cooler would be best that comes with the mounting breaks which avoids this clamp down option?

Please could you or anyone else offer me a list of air coolers that are AM4 and are under $75 and get the job done?

Sorry I made it all over the place and so confusing and thanks for help!

Scythe Fuma 2 is a good one. Should not block the RAM slots as much as some other high end air cooler.

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Scythe Fuma 2 is a good one. Should not block the RAM slots as much as some other high end air cooler.

You gave me something to work with at least, cheers🤔

1 hour ago, RaputerXpert said:

You gave me something to work with at least, cheers🤔

Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 is also cheap and gold enough and maybe u can get an Nh-D15 for cheap on ebay if u dont mind 2nd hand 

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

6 hours ago, RaputerXpert said:

Horror was the HSF that came with my Ryzen 2700x. I had to force the clamp down so hard I was certain the motherboard would crack or the area around the socket, the hook onto plastic, would snap off. So I am asking which air cooler would be best that comes with the mounting breaks which avoids this clamp down option?

Please could you or anyone else offer me a list of air coolers that are AM4 and are under $75 and get the job done?

Sorry I made it all over the place and so confusing and thanks for help!

What temps is your CPU running at? You said 65c right? That’s already very good…. 

If it is running at 65c, you really don’t need to spend more on a different cooler as thats always considered pretty cool. 

On 5/3/2021 at 12:23 AM, RaputerXpert said:

Horror was the HSF that came with my Ryzen 2700x. I had to force the clamp down so hard I was certain the motherboard would crack or the area around the socket, the hook onto plastic, would snap off.

If you're referring to the Wraith Prism, it seems like you installed the cooler without flipping the lever to the unlock position. 

Power draw = heat. The heat from your pc increases the temperature in your room if the room doesn't have enough ventilation. More cooling won't decrease the amount of heat the pc generates. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.