Industrial IBM sleeper PC

LGR recently did this video on an industrial IBM PC. 

Wouldn't this case be awesome for a sleeper PC build?

If there was a non functional unit somewhere it sure would make a very nice sleeper rig. And it's larger than a lot of older systems, so there's more room for things (wiring, drives, cooling, etc.). 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

I did a sleeper inside of a Pentium II machine a few months back, and it looks awesome. required not toooo much modding and it has sentimental value so it was worth it. It started in life playing lego island and tonka raceway and it's new lease on life is playing fallout 76, dolphin emulator, and handbrake.

My favorite case I made was out of lego, complete with power switch made from lego and lego power and hdd LEDs.

In this case, I really like that removable front filter and that big industrial power switch that looks like a breaker.

funny i once got a apple computer from school as they dont seem to throw any thing away and was up top in the jim and one day i was help move something and i asked can i have one and they said yes. well i got home set it up and it worked oregon tail here i come but the other side on me was this thing keep flickering or something so i opened it up and i think i tried cleaning the contacts and well i never worked after that...dam and yes i took apart the toaster...

anyway ya sleepers are al some

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

11 hours ago, adamjp said:

My favorite case I made was out of lego, complete with power switch made from lego and lego power and hdd LEDs.

In this case, I really like that removable front filter and that big industrial power switch that looks like a breaker.

I think it would be pretty awesome to do a sleeper PC in this machine. I actually watched the video this morning and that 140mm industrial fan is oohh soo good. The actual fan shells looks like aluminum and not plastic!! That is so damn cool. That on/off switch is pretty damn robust and turning the machine on gives it a solid feeling. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"