Xbox 360 wireless receiver

Stargaze obama

Sorry if this is the wrong category, but I'm looking for an xbox 360 wireless receiver, I have the wireless wheel from microsoft and I see no reason to buy a new wheel when this words perfectly fine, microsoft being microsoft there's no way for this to work on pc without their official adapter, and they are pretty scarce online and virtually impossible to find a reasonable price, on Amazon an ebay there a lot of 3rd part receivers but with the creation of fake reviews etc I'm doubtful that it will work and even more so that it doesn't have a horrible delay, does anybody have experience or find an actual honest review on these because I have struggled to find much at all on them.

Thanks

Have used the 3rd party ones before, They don't work well long distances but if they are close so less then 2m. They work perfectly. I think I've still got one laying around.

Edit: the drivers are a pain (or at least use to be), It use to take for ever to find them online. It will come up as an unknown device and if you're lucky it will be there. I'll look later for you to see if I can find the link just in case.

Proud owner of a custom water cooled Ryzen 1400. 5800x  

OK so I found the driver, if you do get it, then it doesn't install automatically and you cant find it in the device list (which it probably won't because it's an older device and the 3rd party have a different device ID to the official MS one) . Here's the link. https://www.s-config.com/slab/get-chinese-xbox-receiver-drivers/

It will add it to you're device list (you only need to install the 64-bit version) to manually install.

This is every thing you should need to make the wheel work.

I had the same situation like you before. I have the same wheel and stupidly it can only work on PC with the wireless receiver. It can't run wired somehow.

You can buy the 3rd party one from China on Ebay, Aliexpress and similar sites. I noticed they raised the price by like $5 or more over the last few years though.

If you want the real one you can do what I did, check your local (secondhand) marketplaces and find it there. In the end I got mine for $5, but I have to say they only get sold rarely these days.

About the driver, the wheel uses the standard Xbox 360 controller driver that is pre-installed on Windows 10. On an older Windows you need to download it.

8 minutes ago, Npiet1 said:

OK so I found the driver, if you do get it, then it doesn't install automatically and you cant find it in the device list (which it probably won't because it's an older device and the 3rd party have a different device ID to the official MS one) . Here's the link. https://www.s-config.com/slab/get-chinese-xbox-receiver-drivers/

It will add it to you're device list (you only need to install the 64-bit version) to manually install.

This is every thing you should need to make the wheel work.

Thank you very much, your response is incredibly helpful, I really wish more people like you existed on this forum, second time asking this question and the last post responses was something along the lines of "just buy the official product" or "china make bad products", it is really kind of you to find the link for me, greatly appreciated, enjoy your easter break and day!

8 minutes ago, FRD said:

I had the same situation like you before. I have the same wheel and stupidly it can only work on PC with the wireless receiver. It can't run wired somehow.

You can buy the 3rd party one from China on Ebay, Aliexpress and similar sites. I noticed they raised the price by like $5 or more over the last few years though.

If you want the real one you can do what I did, check your local (secondhand) marketplaces and find it there. In the end I got mine for $5, but I have to say they only get sold rarely these days.

About the driver, the wheel uses the standard Xbox 360 controller driver that is pre-installed on Windows 10. On an older Windows you need to download it.

Thanks for letting me know, apparently microsoft keeps moving drivers for the 360 stuff so you can't find them as easily and links in forums no longer work, thanks again and enjoy your easter and break, have a great day much appreciated!

All good, if you need help when you get the device, just let me know.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:37 AM, Npiet1 said:

All good, if you need help when you get the device, just let me know.

So I have received the receiver and it works great for my controller, however my 360 wheel is not being recognized, when I open the quick settings/xbox overlay think it won't let me select anything from the right of the screen, and the only button press recognized is the xbox logo, I can't remap wheel keys in horizon 4 settings and it doesn't seem to want to work with other applications?

Edit: so I got the wheel working completely fine with the crew 2 and 1, fh4 is the only forza game I have on pc so I presume yet again microsoft has ended support or purposely removed support, anyway I can work my way around this one?

Edited by Stargaze obama

8 hours ago, Stargaze obama said:

So I have received the receiver and it works great for my controller, however my 360 wheel is not being recognized, when I open the quick settings/xbox overlay think it won't let me select anything from the right of the screen, and the only button press recognized is the xbox logo, I can't remap wheel keys in horizon 4 settings and it doesn't seem to want to work with other applications?

Edit: so I got the wheel working completely fine with the crew 2 and 1, fh4 is the only forza game I have on pc so I presume yet again microsoft has ended support or purposely removed support, anyway I can work my way around this one?

Forza emuwheel, forza doesn't support 360 wheel for some reason but these guys software for it,

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst99958_-UPDATED--07-12-2017--Forza-EmuWheel-v1-3-1--Multi-device-support-with-working-FFB.aspx?=

4 hours ago, Npiet1 said:

Forza emuwheel, forza doesn't support 360 wheel for some reason but these guys software for it,

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst99958_-UPDATED--07-12-2017--Forza-EmuWheel-v1-3-1--Multi-device-support-with-working-FFB.aspx?=

Thanks again, but unfortunately the 360 wheel is an x input only device whatever that means, so attempting to remap the keys such as the paddles or the brake and accelerator mean they are being pressed at the same time or they can only be mapped to a single function, such as the paddles both having the same ID, it will only allow me to either assign a shift up or shift down, and when I press accelerate it also presses the brake, not very helpful unfortunately