Fps decreased suddenly

I recently noticed that my fps reduced in all games.....Where i used to get 100fps i get around 85fps on the same settings same game same place. My cpu nd gpu usage is also the same in the specific place. My temps go aroung 80-90 on the stock cooler(this happened before too but fps reduced recently) nd i also live in a very hot nd humid region if this has to do anything with the temps.

I benched the cpu on cpu-z nd here r the results: https://valid.x86.fr/bench/qs31hn

i did user benchmarks: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41594459

My Specs:

R5 3600 

RTX 2060 

8*2 3000mhz

B450 aorus elite

CM MWE 750w

Sometime my pc decides to go back to performing how it should, then sometimes it doesn't want do

Could this be thermal throttling or suggest me some ways so i can figure out whats causing this problem.

1. Have you used some sort of hardware monitoring program to figure out if it is specifically "thermal" throttling?

2. When was the last time you added thermal paste? I ask this mostly cause if your gaming hardcore it does put more heat and stress on the components. 

A. My guess is its probably and hopefully just thermal throttling. Which then leads to the second point could try asking around here how to undervolt/clock your CPU. Just a little bit if it is thermal throttling, as that could give the CPU a bit of head room knowing its target isn't its absolute max Ghz frequency. Yes you might lose like 2% quality but it probably would drop the thermals down by alot. 

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.

58 minutes ago, NekoBubbles said:

1. Have you used some sort of hardware monitoring program to figure out if it is specifically "thermal" throttling?

2. When was the last time you added thermal paste? I ask this mostly cause if your gaming hardcore it does put more heat and stress on the components. 

A. My guess is its probably and hopefully just thermal throttling. Which then leads to the second point could try asking around here how to undervolt/clock your CPU. Just a little bit if it is thermal throttling, as that could give the CPU a bit of head room knowing its target isn't its absolute max Ghz frequency. Yes you might lose like 2% quality but it probably would drop the thermals down by alot. 

I applied thermal paste like one year ago 

Havent used any other programs....suggest me some

https://openhardwaremonitor.org/

I use mostly for thermals OHWM. Theres plenty of others too that do the same job but that one is probably one of the lightest clean ones to use. 

Should be good on thermal paste for at least another year. My guess is its just flat out thermal throttling and just need to under volt a little bit. 

REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.

36 minutes ago, NekoBubbles said:

https://openhardwaremonitor.org/

I use mostly for thermals OHWM. Theres plenty of others too that do the same job but that one is probably one of the lightest clean ones to use. 

Should be good on thermal paste for at least another year. My guess is its just flat out thermal throttling and just need to under volt a little bit. 

This results r while benching RDR 2

I noticed in the task manager my cpu speed in the task manager was capped at 4.00 ghz. Thought to be relevant thus i shared.

RDR 2 Bench.txt

37 minutes ago, Ruckledge said:

This results r while benching RDR 2

I noticed in the task manager my cpu speed in the task manager was capped at 4.00 ghz. Thought to be relevant thus i shared.

RDR 2 Bench.txt 60.53 kB · 1 download

I'm noticing what I can only assume is one of the CPU cores is oddly over clocking itself crazy and thermal throttling heavily. 🤔 (#3 core clock is a big outlier. )

Are you running the PC on its balanced power setup?

12 hours ago, NekoBubbles said:

I'm noticing what I can only assume is one of the CPU cores is oddly over clocking itself crazy and thermal throttling heavily. 🤔 (#3 core clock is a big outlier. )

Are you running the PC on its balanced power setup?

Nope....Im runing on AMD Ryzen High Performance

16 hours ago, Ruckledge said:

Nope....Im runing on AMD Ryzen High Performance

That might be your problem >.> AMD Ryzen processors will push all the cores to the max when the CPU is already pushing itself really hard. Switch the power mode to balanced and it should even out the FPS/Stabilize it should still be ridiculously high fps just more balanced. . 

My credit to this subject is I'm planning to get a smoking hot 5800x and I"m researching how to undervolt/underclock the beast so its not reaching its crazy 90 Celcius. And one of the tips for my beefy CPU that should apply to a 3000x AMD cpu too is to use a balanced power mode. Cause its already a really powerful CPU, meaning you don't need to necessarily squeeze every ounce of power out of it. ESPECIALLY If you are gaming which should be mostly single thread computing. 

Essentially balanced mode for both of our CPU's should be plenty of power and processing power for gaming. High performance is something that one should really only use if you are going crazy with Over Clocking. Or are trying to force the last bit of graphic processing on like 4k. 

All in all balanced mode should bring down the thermals down a bit and should allow the CPU to have a bit more head room to boost up its frequency without thinking about the thermal throttling its third core. 

6 hours ago, NekoBubbles said:

That might be your problem >.> AMD Ryzen processors will push all the cores to the max when the CPU is already pushing itself really hard. Switch the power mode to balanced and it should even out the FPS/Stabilize it should still be ridiculously high fps just more balanced. . 

Nope still didnt solve it

On 4/5/2021 at 3:29 AM, Ruckledge said:

Nope still didnt solve it

Strange...I got no clue then why the CPU seems to be running so hot other than maybe something bad is going on with the CPU like a core is malfunctioning maybe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 7:25 AM, NekoBubbles said:

Strange...I got no clue then why the CPU seems to be running so hot other than maybe something bad is going on with the CPU like a core is malfunctioning maybe.

The new nvidia drivers were the problem...... Rolled back the drivers nd evrythng was back 2 normal..... Seems like nvidia is tryin to downgrade its oldr GPUs

13 hours ago, Ruckledge said:

The new nvidia drivers were the problem...... Rolled back the drivers nd evrythng was back 2 normal..... Seems like nvidia is tryin to downgrade its oldr GPUs

Nice job figuring it out.