Constant BSOD when running with 2 ram sticks

M_A_N_I

So when I try to boot up my pc with 2 ram sitcks i just get BSOD like: irql_not_less_or_equal , system thread exception , page fault in nonpaged area, unexpected kernel mode trap...

But when I boot my pc with one ram stick in any slot everything works perfectly.

Specs:

Ryzen 3 1200

Asrock A320M-HDV rv4

2x8GB g.skill aegis ddr4 

1TB seagate barracuda hdd

120GB crucial BX500 ssd

test both sticks 1 at a time.

you're looking for a bad stick or a bad slot, a pair (or alternating pair) of slots can also be bad if its a cpu pin issue

5 hours ago, M_A_N_I said:

2x8GB g.skill aegis ddr4 

What frequency (Mhz)? 

As the first gen Ryzen do not support very high frequency RAM.

I edit my posts more often than not

18 hours ago, Mr.Briggs said:

test both sticks 1 at a time.

you're looking for a bad stick or a bad slot, a pair (or alternating pair) of slots can also be bad if its a cpu pin issue

Both sticks work fine in any of those 2 slots,and yeah now it just freezes on login screen with both sticks

18 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

What frequency (Mhz)? 

As the first gen Ryzen do not support very high frequency RAM.

3000 Mhz but in bios its set to auto speed so its around 2.1k

with Ryzen, more ram sticks results in lower max ram clock. e.g. more sticks = more strain on IMC. but its unlikely that you cant even run 2x 2133MHz.

so what im guessing at here is, infinity fabric, most people cant get IF clock past 1.8GHz. so if your Infinity Fabric is attempting to run at 2133 (1:1 with RAM) then that could be causing crashing.

since 1 stick is single channel, you'd be running at 1066MHz, but in dual channel your IMC and IF may be trying to run at 2133, while this is fine, IF in particular may not like it

50 minutes ago, Mr.Briggs said:

with Ryzen, more ram sticks results in lower max ram clock. e.g. more sticks = more strain on IMC. but its unlikely that you cant even run 2x 2133MHz.

so what im guessing at here is, infinity fabric, most people cant get IF clock past 1.8GHz. so if your Infinity Fabric is attempting to run at 2133 (1:1 with RAM) then that could be causing crashing.

since 1 stick is single channel, you'd be running at 1066MHz, but in dual channel your IMC and IF may be trying to run at 2133, while this is fine, IF in particular may not like it

Is there a way to fix that ;_;

59 minutes ago, Bitter said:

When you run 2 sticks, what slots are you putting them into?

only has 2 dimm slots

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

When you run 2 sticks, what slots are you putting them into?

i had a look at your mobo manual, says any ram config works upto 2667.

i couldnt find anything pointing to Infinity fabric in your BIOS, do you have Ryzen Master software installed?
it may expose some settings that could help.
really hoping that there is a setting set to auto, which you can then de-couple.

changing ram clock in bios from auto to something else, and playing around with that might get it usable

yeah it looks like ryzen master has a setting, in Memory control, coupled mode, then ram clock and Infinity fabric clock

so boot up with 1 stick, de-couple ram/IF clock in ryzen master. then lock IF clock to something stable then try to get dual channel ram working.

1 hour ago, Mr.Briggs said:

yeah it looks like ryzen master has a setting, in Memory control, coupled mode, then ram clock and Infinity fabric clock

so boot up with 1 stick, de-couple ram/IF clock in ryzen master. then lock IF clock to something stable then try to get dual channel ram working.

Okay ty ill try that soon as possible