Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset Review

Anthony10

I bought the Logitech G930 a few months ago after using a turtle beach px21 for xbox and pc for a few years, and it has not depleted in quality at all since it was opened from the box.

For anyone that doesn't know what the features of the G930 is:

-7.1 Surround Sound

-Wireless

-"Gaming" Oriented

Pros:

-Auto-mute fold up microphone

-Mute button on the headset for the microphone

-Red LED on mic indicating muted

-7.1 surround

-Wireless

-Logitech Software

-Comfortable (IMO)

-Size adjust that doesn't slide out of place

-Long battery life

-Easy to use charging station/connector

-3 Programmable buttons (I can't use because software doesn't work for me)

-Ear cups can rotate 180 degrees one way for resting on neck/shoulders or only wearing one earcup

-Volume scroll cylinder on left earcup for adjusting volume

-Charging station has usb input, allowing receiver to be closer to you on your desk instead of on the computer

Cons:

-(IMO this is a con) very professional look, doesn't look "cool"/badass to me

-Not enough cushion on the top of the headset, not comfortable on top of head after extensive use

-Logitech software messes up auto connect/connection of my headset, so I cannot use the software

^Note, I have a few wireless things so it may be in effect of the other signals coming from my mouse and keyboard, still shouldn't happen though...

-Microphone doesn't have a pop filter/foam cover

-Microphone quality was not as good as I hoped

Thanks for reading and I hope I helped you decide whether or not to pick one of these up for yourself!

tanks i think i might get one

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

So it's comfortable but not comfortable after extensive use o_O I'd say it's mildly comfortable then

I have one, and I love it. One of the best headsets I have ever used. He is right about there not being much cushion on the top, though.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

no actual mentioning on the headset's sound quality?

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Sound quality is pretty bad. I have the same one. Contains the same drivers as the G35 if I remember correctly.

They are not in any way a headset for anyone who considers audio quality a proper factor, and are made as a 7.1 surround for the pinpointing of sound, which would be more important to most gamers out there. 

Sound quality is pretty bad. I have the same one. Contains the same drivers as the G35 if I remember correctly.

They are not in any way a headset for anyone who considers audio quality a proper factor, and are made as a 7.1 surround for the pinpointing of sound, which would be more important to most gamers out there. 

In my personal opinion sound quality is fine. I don't listen to much music on my computer, however they have some software that lets you adjust many things. Sound is always an opinion too.

In my personal opinion sound quality is fine. I don't listen to much music on my computer, however they have some software that lets you adjust many things. Sound is always an opinion too.

It's a decent entry-level gaming headset. Not at all a piece of equipment for an audiophile. You get to hear the sounds you need to hear to point out audio direction, but to do that, sound quality is sacrificed immensely.