Tool or way to remove restricted registry entries

MindArlekin

I have a problem with Nvidia Broadcast, that I documented here.  

Long story short, while I was trying to fix an issue with Nvidia Broadcast, I came across a registry entry that mentions this app and “unnamed devices”. This entry is permanent, it remains there after you uninstall or reinstall this application. I have a suspicion that this could be the source of all my problems, so I want to remove it. The problem is that it always gives an error on the line “Unable to delete {entry_name}. An error occurred while deleting a record."

I tried some stuff with groups and permissions but it did not helped at all, and I don't really trust the guides I found to do something really heavy, because the information in them (in the first Google search results) looks exactly the same, right down to the word and punctuation marks.

Perhaps anyone here knows a trusted application that can be used to remove entries from the registry? Or perhaps a removal guide that will be trustworthy? I am fully aware of the risks involved in making changes to registry entries, but I am willing to accept them, and I doubt that deleting this entry would break anything more than it does now.

As usual, English is not my native language, so sorry for a mistakes.

And thanks in advance.

If you can't just outright delete the registry entry, your only recourse IMO is to do a full reinstall of windows. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

It very possible, that this app will break again. Reinstalling windows every week just is not what I really need rn. What I need,  is a machine, taht could be comfortably used every day in group calls without muting/unmuting goddamn microphone 5 times in a one minute.

In my case, all that was required for the application to stop working was to install the vc_redist libraries that were taken from official sources.

Reinstall Windows, install all your software, then install library package from same manufacturer that made the OS , watch app that you need stop working, reinstall Windows.....

43 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

If you can't just outright delete the registry entry, your only recourse IMO is to do a full reinstall of windows. 

Sure you can, it's a walk in the park.

Consequences of mucking about in the registry are a different matter altogether.

49 minutes ago, MindArlekin said:

a trusted application

Macecraft's JV16 PowerTools.

Use carefully...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.