SLI protection removal

frozensun

Guys,

I just noticed I haven't removed SLI protection when I installed the card long time ago.

So should I remove it or not?

20210327_143228.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Why would you?

I left this here just to annoy people.

Just now, Turbokees said:

Why would you?

Cuz GPu heats to 80 C,maybe it could melt the plastic,but so far it would be melted,I've used GPU for like 6 months with this thing 😄

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

It won't hurt performance or cooling, so unless you plan on using it, having that cover on shouldn't be a problem.

Just now, frozensun said:

Cuz GPu heats to 80 C,maybe it could melt the plastic,but so far it would be melted,I've used GPU for like 6 months with this thing 😄

I highly doubt the plastic would melt from GPU temps, if not then the engineers in charge of designing that were a bunch of dummies.

No real reason to remove it in my opinion.

You could check if it says what type of plastic it is, but consdering something like ABS/PBT takes 200°C+ to melt or rubber about 180°C I would say you would be fine leaving it.

If it bothers or worries you, take it off.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I just checked, my cover is still on (unmelted) and I've had this GPU for ~6 years.

Whatever you like. The plastic wont melt or affect anything. The gpu might get to 80C but that part wont.
It's just whatever you prefer ecstatically

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

Keep in mind that even if 80C was hot enough to melt it (not even close), that's the core temp of the GPU die, the entire card isn't even close to that.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Ok guys,I kept it,don't like dust over those pins...thanks.