Good HDMI 2.1 Cable?

Go to solution Solved by FRD,
5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

That should be fine, yes. Reviews also seem good, some PS5 owners in there as well.

A good thing to notice is the longer the cable, the better you need to check if the cable works for that length. 5ft is not crazy long, so most cables should work.

What are you using your tv with?

I recently bought a LG OLED65CXPUA and saw that I need a 2.1 cable to take full advantage of it. What are some good cables to buy? I would like them to be at least 5ft or more.

Honestly there are no good and bad HDMI cables from my experience. In here they ever did a consumer panel HDMI cable test and it turned out the $2 cable was just as good as a $200 cable in terms of performance. The only thing you pay extra for is brand and sleeving/cable protection. After all it's the port that's distributing the full bandwidth.

2 minutes ago, FRD said:

Honestly there are no good and bad HDMI cables from my experience. In here they ever did a consumer panel HDMI cable test and it turned out the $2 cable was just as good as a $200 cable in terms of performance. The only thing you pay extra for is brand and sleeving/cable protection. After all it's the port that's distributing the full bandwidth.

Amazon.com: Zeskit Maya 8K 48Gbps Certified Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable 4K120 8K60 144Hz eARC HDR HDCP 2.2 2.3 Compatible with Roku Sony LG Samsung TCL Xbox Series X RTX 3080 3090 PS4 PS5 (6.5ft, Braided Jacket)

So these would be good?

5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

That should be fine, yes. Reviews also seem good, some PS5 owners in there as well.

A good thing to notice is the longer the cable, the better you need to check if the cable works for that length. 5ft is not crazy long, so most cables should work.

Just now, FRD said:

It's a living room TV for watching Dish and movies. Maybe once in a blue moon gaming. 

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Zeskit is the best choice. They are one of, if not the only, officially certified HDMI 2.1 cables right now.

But do you actually have a HDMI 2.1 source? Right now that is only PS5, Xbox Series, and latest generation video cards. If you don't have any of these then you don't need HDMI 2.1

8 hours ago, FRD said:

That is not true at all. There are plenty of crap cables out there that aren't capable of handling the stated bandwidth. This is the whole reason why HDMI Org created their certification program.

And with 48Gbps cables this has become only more important.

But you don't need to spend $200

On 3/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, GoldForest said:

I recently bought a LG OLED65CXPUA and saw that I need a 2.1 cable to take full advantage of it. What are some good cables to buy? I would like them to be at least 5ft or more.

I'd get HDMI Cables from brands like Monoprice, UGREEN, Vention. any of these would be fine.

I've been using UGREEN and Vention cables for years without issues, Vention is also certified by hdmi.org AFAIK.

monoprice.com is all your need for all cabling needs.  Good cable, selection and price.  

• 7 months later...