What situation is the GTX 1660 Super in?

Given the current craziness with GPU's as of late, I was wondering if the 1660 super is a card that is worth it in 2021, and how future proof is it?

Would it be worth it to buy it if I could somehow find one at MSRP, or would it be better to but spend extra and get an RTX card?

(Note: I am not planning on buying a GPU anytime soon, definitely going to wait until prices go down next year hopefully, or maybe I could snag a used one at a good price.)

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

It's still a very capable 1080p card, and will be until shit gets under control enough for there to be a reason to make a 4000 series and a 7000 series. If it's a worthwhile upgrade over your current card, go that route. Good luck finding one within 200% of MSRP, though.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

It's still a very capable 1080p card, and will be until shit gets under control enough for there to be a reason to make a 4000 series and a 7000 series. If it's a worthwhile upgrade over your current card, go that route. Good luck finding one within 200% of MSRP, though.

Yeah, now that I think about it though, by the time prices go back to normal, it'll probably be starting to show its age. And if that's the case, i'd rather just buy a newer card that'll last me longer than purchase a 1660s and have to upgrade it sooner rather than later.

That being said, how long do you think it has left in it? 2-3 years, or longer?

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

Just now, EjectedCasings said:

Yeah, now that I think about it though, by the time prices go back to normal, it'll probably be starting to show its age. And if that's the case, i'd rather just buy a newer card that'll last me longer than purchase a 1660s and have to upgrade it sooner rather than later.

That being said, how long do you think it has left in it? 2-3 years, or longer?

That I don't know. The 1060 and 1070 are both still very viable in 1080p, even some 1440p for the 1070, and they date back almost five years now. Hell, even the GTX 960 is still viable 1080p in most games. I don't know if the 1660S will last that long--I think it's only about as powerful as a 1070--but it's definitely far from being relegated to 720p status.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.