Painting a 2060 Super FE or getting aftermarket cooler?

piemadd
Go to solution Solved by Agentstrike,

I'd say either look to get a different one, or paint it. Just like Funko Pops in my opinion add a lot of personality and it shows your custom way of thinking. I'd say paint it, and if it messes up, you live you learn.

Hey all!

In an upcoming build, I plan on using an RTX 2060 super founders edition. The problem is, the silver/gray of the FE cooler clashes with the matte black of the rest of the build, so I am either going to paint the card black/dark grey or end up switching out the cooling system entirely. Here is the thing about each of these solutions:

1. Painting the card might not end up good, well, because I'm no expert at it and I will 100% mess it up somehow.
  2. Getting a random aftermarket cooler. Chances are I'd have to paint that too, just not as much, to fit in with the color scheme. Also, most of these which I have seen are fairly ugly (IMO)
  3. Getting a cooler from a different model 2060s. MIght run into compatibility issues, also the fact that I'm not sure how many 2060s coolers are just floating around.

Thoughts?

i like trains 🙂

I'd say either look to get a different one, or paint it. Just like Funko Pops in my opinion add a lot of personality and it shows your custom way of thinking. I'd say paint it, and if it messes up, you live you learn.

ooh, I think a FE 2060 in matte black would like nice

Powerspec 1530 (Clevo PB50DF2) ~ i7 10875H ~ RTX 2070 Super 115W ~ 32GB DDR4 ~ 2x 1TB NVMe ~ 2TB 5400RPM ~ 1080P 240hz matte IPS

Gigabyte G1 GA-970-SLI ~ FX 8320 @ 3.3Ghz, 1212mV ~ 16GB DDR3 ~ Radeon 570 4GB ~ 512GB NVMe ~ 2x 1TB HGST 7200RPM

Xtras ~ Dell 22" 1680x1050 matte IPS monitor ~ Logi M705 mouse ~ PowerA Fusion Pro Xbox One controller ~ Sony XB950N1 headphones ~ Epson V700 film scanner

Streaming Setup ~ OBS Studio with AMF encoding ~ iVCam bridged to LG G6 ~ Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface ~ TONOR condenser cardioid mic