Tips for a Cs:GO "Noob"

Nicolas

Hello guys!

So I want some tips from the pros, I know there's some hardcore beast mode cs players in the forums, so I want your advice. I've seen WarOwl's vids and stuff and they worked for me, went from silver 4 to gold nova 1 in one week, but I've kinda got stuck between nova 2 and silver elite master since every time I rank up to nova 1/2 I get into games with people with no mics and since I'm the only one actually speaking I try to do the strat calls but they don't want to listen, so yeeeeah, any tips?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

1. 360 no scopes all day

2. eat more doritoes

3. drink more mountain dew

4. Profit!

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Shoot first, be accurate, and jump like a motherf***ker.

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

Watch streams of people playing CS. personally, i watched Summit1g and got a bit better and a bit smarter of how to play. Play with a friend that's pretty good, or someone you met from matchmaking thats pretty good. It'll help your causes. and with the strat calling, let them do the calls for a round or two and when it doesnt work out, be like "See how that didnt work? Listen to me please". It'll help. :D 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

1. 360 no scopes all day

2. eat more doritoes

3. drink more mountain dew

4. Profit!

This isn't cal uh dooti ghust

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

All of the Katowice games should still be in the in-game GOTV. coL vs NiP at dust2 or train, or any VP game at Mirage will be entertaining matches to watch involving the best players in the world :)

Practice recoil patterns.

Knife increase movement speed.

Grenades are good. Use them for support.

Learn the maps.

Communicate. Super important.

Try not to move and shoot. This isn't as noticeable if you are using an SMG.

Crouch firing with all guns, even the AWP, is accurate.

Listen. Everything, even scoping in makes noise that you can hear.

Everything else really relies on experience, map knowledge, and weapon skill.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

too high sensitivity will be the end of you

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Im a master guardian and use to be in the gold nova ranks.

I think playing patiently on both t and ct side work well.

strategy and strat calling becomes very important as u rank up. learn some strats on the maps u like. 

This isn't cal uh dooti ghust

It's obviously hay loe 4, m8

Strafe, strafe, jump, strafe

And shoot, I guess.

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

Strafe, strafe, jump, strafe

And shoot, I guess.

dont forget to hope for the best!

sadly, thats what csgo is now

Communication is everything.

Aim for headshots.

Never Spray, burst or tap.

spam the shit out of AD and tap

Play the maps, learn places; where people are, where to smoke off, where to plant, specific strategies  etc.

AK, M4, Auto or AWP for full buy rounds. Best weapons in the game essentially 

MAG-7, Sawed-off, Famas or Galil for semi-buys. Will get the job done but are obsolete to M4 or AK

P250 for full save

and most importantly have fun

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

You want a tip? Stop playing. The game is broken and stupid. Valve has officially broken one of my favorite games.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Hello guys!

So I want some tips from the pros, I know there's some hardcore beast mode cs players in the forums, so I want your advice. I've seen WarOwl's vids and stuff and they worked for me, went from silver 4 to gold nova 1 in one week, but I've kinda got stuck between nova 2 and silver elite master since every time I rank up to nova 1/2 I get into games with people with no mics and since I'm the only one actually speaking I try to do the strat calls but they don't want to listen, so yeeeeah, any tips?

I almost never listen to tips and advices in games.

I play and learn the game myself and figures out my own tips and tricks

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

1. Shift is your best friend on corners and when you want to be quiet

2. aim for the chest and burst with the m4 and on the AK 2 bullet burst while aiming at the neck

3. recoil doesn't stay inside the hipfire crosshair, it travels in a bloom fashion upwards 

4. pistols have the recoil and not spamming them helps alot

5. every time you reload stare at the minimap 

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

-snip-

Honestly I suggest taking a break from MM and JUST train your grenade throws and aim. You honestly need to be at the point where you can literally carry your team to victory every game until you can get out of Nova ranks. They call it "ELO hell" for a reason. Also don't listen to any of the tips here because quite frankly a lot of them suck. It sounds like you know how to play but you just need to practice them yourself.  Watching good players play also helps and Warowl is streaming tonight so I suggest you watch that :P

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

1. Shift is your best friend on corners and when you want to be quiet

2. aim for the chest and burst with the m4 and on the AK 2 bullet burst while aiming at the neck

3. recoil doesn't stay inside the hipfire crosshair, it travels in a bloom fashion upwards 

4. pistols have the recoil and not spamming them helps alot

5. every time you reload stare at the minimap 

I am sorry to call you out like this but those tips are destructive to players learning to play.

1. You want to move quickly around corners because they will see you before you see them.

2. ALWAYS aim for the head. Spread control is moving your mouse with the spray pattern so all the bullets hit where you want them. Pre aiming at the chest basically causes you not to hit the initial headshot.

3. All guns have patterns. In other words when you hold the trigger down the bullets always hit approximately the same spot each time.

4. Yeah you are correct

5. Pay attention to what is going on. You should glance at the map to stay informed what is going on elsewhere but don't get caught with your pants down not paying attention when a guy walks in front of you.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"