The Latest Asus, but it poops the bed when running zoom.

My Laptop freezes up while on Zoom, in nearly every meeting, at least once every 30minutes.

I realise it could be all drivers and or bios settings or which app uses which gpu etc, but I have no idea where to start

Ryzen 7 5800H cpu
AMD radeon iGPU
NVidia RTX3070 dGPU
ASUS TUF Gaming A15 - Jan 2021
64GB RAM 3TB NVME storage
Titan Army 34" UHD 144hz

8k USB-C cable to DP UHD 144hz monitor, previously I was using 4k hdmi-hdmi cable.

There was a slight difference in the effect that these cables had. The HDMI caused the secondary screen to just shutdown. the new 8k cable does not do that but now the laptop screen sometimes stops for a long period. often I have to shut down Zoom.
My machine was telling me applications were running on the iGPU, and it was only games that were running on the dGPU.

Seemingly my machine is designed to switch between them. How is this meant to work is it worth the power saving to run the iGPU. normally on my desktop I turn it off.

I want to use the Laptop mainly for Software Dev, and biz apps.
But regularly I use it to game. Gaming it seems to go OK.

But the regular pattern of Zoom calls hanging is still consistently there.

I do not know where to start, my retailer said I needed a good USB-C cable but that did not work.

I am not a power user but I know enough to be dangerous.

How are the temps looking like during zoom meetings?

I have this old desktops that overheats when on zoom and crashes zoom (but not the whole system, for some reason). Might be worth having a look at that.

Best,

-a-