XPS 15 9500 - EXTREME Thermal Throttling low FPS

Hello dear community,

My name is Dino, and I am a CCNA network engineer and a computer geek who also likes making music. This is my first post so I'll try to be as detailed as possible in a easy-to-understand matter.

I have a major issue with the XPS 9500, a laptop I have saved up for after years of watching incredible reviews on it, including Linus', I have spent months looking for a fix but I found none so here I am on THE forum to go!

I do music production and I enjoy gaming in my free time, but I have noticed that the fans ramp up a lot, yet the laptop thermal throttles like CRAZY.

I am aware this is not a gaming laptop but with specs like these... it should be defending it's price tag.

I even went ahead and played with the BIOS settings, stuff like Intel Speed Shift, Speed Step and C-State, but none of them helped (disabling Speed Shift actually locked my CPU clock to 2.6GHz which was a no go).

Some have advised downgrading BIOS v1.6.1 to an earlier one, but it seems Dell doesn't let you revert after the 1.6.1 upgrade...

Below is a screenshot from Ghost Recon: Wildlands as an example (a game that can be run by these specs on High - Ultra easily) - It drops from 4.6GHz to a mere 1.6-2.2GHz and I barely get 60FPS out of it.

Any help is appreciated 🙂

https://imgur.com/rZ1NvKR

Specs:

i7-10750H - 2.6 up to 5GHz, 6 cores 12 threads

GTX 1650Ti - 4GB VRAM

32GB RAM - 2933MHz - dual channel

1TB NVMe SSD

Screen.PNG