PC Stops Outputting to Monitor Randomly

Recently when I am playing a game, my PC will randomly stop outputting to both of my monitors. They will black screen at the same time and act like there is no input to them. Sometimes after they black screen the audio will not work but sometimes it still does. Im not sure if my mouse and keyboard still work after cause I can't see. I could be gaming for hours and nothing happens then other times I am gaming for 20 min and it just stops outputting. The only way to fix it is to restart my pc with the button on my case and it boots up after that no problem. I have tried unplugging and plugging in my monitors' displayport cables from both ends multiple times and it hasn't fixed it yet. I made sure to update my bios and nvidia geforce drivers as well but I still have the issue. It has never happened in the regular desktop mode, only when gaming. This is a PC that I built over a month ago and this issue just started this week.

Specs:

R5 5600x

GTX 3060ti

16GB of RAM

EVGA 650W Gold PSU

MSI B-450 A-Pro Max

1 Tb WD Blue M.2 SSD

If anyone has had this same issue or has any idea how to help then that would be greatly appreciated. 

Hard to know if this is a computer issue or a cable issue.  Is any sort of jiggling involved?  Is the audio connected differently or through the same cable? My understanding is the most common reason for crash after boot is memory problems.  It’s not stated whether this is a crash or not.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

29 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Hard to know if this is a computer issue or a cable issue.  Is any sort of jiggling involved?  Is the audio connected differently or through the same cable? My understanding is the most common reason for crash after boot is memory problems.  It’s not stated whether this is a crash or not.

I checked that all of the cables fit snug like they should. The audio is coming from the headphone jack from the back of the PC. My monitors will only black screen after being in a game, I have no other issues as of now.

Going further with what @Bombastinatorsaid, do you have any memory overclocks (XMP/DOCP) enabled?? If so, disable them and see if the issues go away. Have you tried to run memtest86 at all and see if the memory passes without any errors?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

20 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

Going further with what @Bombastinatorsaid, do you have any memory overclocks (XMP/DOCP) enabled?? If so, disable them and see if the issues go away. Have you tried to run memtest86 at all and see if the memory passes without any errors?

I double checked and I don't have any OC's active. I ran memtest86 and it did not find any bugs

15 minutes ago, AJS2326 said:

I double checked and I don't have any OC's active. I ran memtest86 and it did not find any bugs

Hmm, have you tried reverting back to a different graphics driver since this issue just started??? Any recent Windows Updates that we can possibly link to there?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

Hmm, have you tried reverting back to a different graphics driver since this issue just started??? Any recent Windows Updates that we can possibly link to there?

Ive tried reinstalling graphics drivers and updating my bios as well. Im not sure if this helps but it happened again so I went into the Event Viewer and looked through the log and found this line that seems like it might have something to do with it.

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

11 hours ago, AJS2326 said:

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

This is most likely a bad Nvidia Drivers install. Run DDU to completely wipe out any trace of Nvidia drivers, don't just "uninstall" it via Settings/Control Panel as there are still remnants left behind after uninstalling. DDU will uninstall the pieces that uninstalling does not get and will ensure no issues between previous and new drivers. 

4 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

This is most likely a bad Nvidia Drivers install. Run DDU to completely wipe out any trace of Nvidia drivers, don't just "uninstall" it via Settings/Control Panel as there are still remnants left behind after uninstalling. DDU will uninstall the pieces that uninstalling does not get and will ensure no issues between previous and new drivers. 

I ran that program and reinstalled the drivers but it happened again. Here are 2 more events logs that I found in the event viewer after a crash

The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 6000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\00000098
Graphics Exception on (GPC 0, PPC 1): ESR 0x503238=0xffffffff

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
^this one here showed up a whole bunch of times in the event viewer

2 hours ago, AJS2326 said:

I ran that program and reinstalled the drivers but it happened again. Here are 2 more events logs that I found in the event viewer after a crash

The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 6000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\00000098
Graphics Exception on (GPC 0, PPC 1): ESR 0x503238=0xffffffff

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
^this one here showed up a whole bunch of times in the event viewer

Strange... do you have another power supply that you can use and see if the issue goes away??