GPU fans ramp up to and stay at 50% at boot no matter what I do, until I open Afterburner.

So I've been doing some OCing on my GPU with decent gains through Afterburner but no matter what I do, it always boots up with the GPU fans at 50%. Whether a restart, coming awake from sleep, or turning it on for the first time that day... Always the same thing. In order to make it stop, I have to open Afterburner and then the fans immediately go to auto. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Afterburner a couple of times, but no dice. Currently its uninstalled and the fans are ramped up. I have the latest drivers. Anybody know how to fix this? 

Full Specs: Ryzen 5 3600X, EVGA Black Gaming RTX 2080 Super, 32 GB of Corsair Vengence LPX at 3600 Mhz CL18, Asus TUF X570 Plus WIFI, Silicon Power NVMe 256GB (boot drive), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM Hard Drive, 650 Watt Cooler Master 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply. 

That shouldn't be happening for sure, but is there any problem with just selecting to have afterburner on at startup? In addition, this was not happening until you started using afterburner correct? You could try Revo Uninstaller in case there are any remains of afterburner that got left behind.

CPU: Intel i7 9700K | Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus | RAM: 8GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws 3600MHz | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD | Cooling: NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax Black

Well, as farfetched as it is, I've been thinking about grabbing a new gpu and selling my current one to a friend who wants to build a pc. And I don't want it to behave like this if I do. Correct, this problem only started once I started using afterburner. Just tried the Revo program and it didn't work. It looks like if I go beyond the pay wall it would open up the necessary functionality to possibly fix it but I'd rather not. 

Update: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the GPU via "Display Adapter Properties" and that "worked," but as soon as I reinstalled the GPU the fans ramped back up again. Which makes me think that it could be something in the VBIOS. Do these types of software write things on that level? Also, I've tried EVGA Precision X1 software and no change except it also shows it being power limited to 50% until I manually change it. 

Would doing a clean install of windows do the trick? I'm actually okay with doing that, if that's the case. I don't have anything terribly important on here. Mostly just games that I can redownload.