LG IPS224V 14ms or 5ms? good for gaming?

JackieTran

I was thinking of buying the lg ips224v but some sites say it has a 14ms response rate and some say it has 5?

Is good for gaming or should I find something else?

14ms is little high for gaming. I would try to find an 8ms panel. That monitor has a 5ms response time which is more than fast enough

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

5ms-8ms is good for IPS

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

It's fine. The response time spec is bs anyway. 

Just check out a review and see if it's for you.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Also consider this, I have the 23 inch version of it and love it

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

How do I know which site to trust about the specs?

One says the typical is 14ms

and the gray-to-gray is 2ms

How do I know which site to trust about the specs?

One says the typical is 14ms

and the gray-to-gray is 2ms

GTG does not matter. It varies depending on who you're asking since they can use any grey and any lighting situation whether it be underground in a basement or out in the open and there's pretty much no standard. 

Ignore the response time spec from any site that isn't a trusted in-depth reviewer. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.