Xbox/Microsoft store on PC causing issues with MCC?

I wanted to play Halo: The Master Chief Collection on my computer, and rather than being normal any buying it through steam, I decided to be cheap and buy the Xbox Game pass for pc and get it that way. So hours later after i download it, i go to play it and it tells me each individual halo game needs dlc, and it prompts me to download it now(attached picture), the first time i click yes on each game, it takes me to the microsoft store, and downloads a 10mb file for each game. Still nothing, i restarted the computer multiple times, tried full shutdown and turn on. the prompts still pop up, even though in the settings of the game it says i have everything installed. (also pictured).

If possible i would like to avoid redownloading the 120ishGB that this game is.

IMG_5832.jpeg

IMG_5831.jpeg

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

I have had multiple issues with this game from MCC, and each seemed insurmountable. There are a few threads about this on the windows/xbox forums that I found mildly helpful about how to manually clear the Windows Store cache, but YMMV

What did you install the game onto? For whatever reason, I've always had issues installing it to any other drive than the boot drive

Getting the game to "see" the DLCs files sometimes does require an uninstall and reinstall

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, NaClKnight said:

I have had multiple issues with this game from MCC, and each seemed insurmountable. There are a few threads about this on the windows/xbox forums that I found mildly helpful about how to manually clear the Windows Store cache, but YMMV

What did you install the game onto? For whatever reason, I've always had issues installing it to any other drive than the boot drive

Getting the game to "see" the DLCs files sometimes does require an uninstall and reinstall

i did choose a drive that is not my boot drive, so that may be it

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports