Asus B85-pro gamer motherboard unsheathed. NO GOLD!!!!

brownninja97

85a.jpg

So this MSi, oops my bad, this asus board doesnt have any gold on it, honestly that is its biggest selling point in my opinion. 

On to the feature list

4 x DDR3 dimm slots

1 16x pci-e slot

1 4x pci-e slot

2 1x pci-e slot

3 pci slots

4 sata 3 6gb

2 sata 2 3gb

8 phase VRM

Intel I217V GbE controller

SupremeFX audio

Gamefirst II

Gamer's Guardian

of course no oc tools due to the chipset

85d.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/199209/asus-unveils-b85-pro-gamer-motherboard.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

holy hell a good looking ROG board

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

holy hell a good looking ROG board

its not a rog.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

its not a rog.

it will be branded as ROG if its a gaming motherboard

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

it will be branded as ROG if its a gaming motherboard

While you may be right, most ROG boards say ROG somewhere or have the logo somewhere.

While you may be right, most ROG boards say ROG somewhere or have the logo somewhere.

they will probably do a revision on it

Specs

Too bad the B85 is not a good choice for gaming. It's from Intel's Business line, hence the "B". It's a cheap/budget chipset, that's why all the cheapest 1150 boards all use the B85 chipset. I doubt the cheapest Haswell chipset Intel offers will get the ROG branding.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

A B85 Pro Gamer mobo, why?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

My god, this is like painting flames on a Ford Pinto.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

they will probably do a revision on it

A revision of a B85 mobo? I actuality don't want to see that happen, ROG is supposed to be for elite gamers, hence the name, and OCers, not budget gamers. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Too bad the B85 is not a good choice for gaming. It's from Intel's Business line, hence the "B". It's a cheap/budget chipset, that's why all the cheapest 1150 boards all use the B85 chipset. I doubt the cheapest Haswell chipset Intel offers will get the ROG branding.

Any motherboard is fine for gaming B85 can also be overclocked via some trickery so if its cheap well its a darn good deal.

A revision of a B85 mobo? I actuality don't want to see that happen, ROG is supposed to be for elite gamers, hence the name, and OCers, not budget gamers. 

they had a non OCing board that was ROG during 775

Specs

Does H85 or Q87 exsist if not intel finslly did something smart. Either way this is basically for if you dont want to OC just like the Vanguard B85. Both would pair quite well with a Xeon E3-1230v3.

I think any chipset is as good as the next if you're purely after gaming performance, since the chipset doesn't affect performance.  Not everyone who games is also a computer enthusiast, so the features of a more expensive chipset wouldn't matter to them, which I think is the idea.  The computer enthusiasts can get the ROG boards which have everything, and the gamers who are not computer enthusiasts can get these boards, which retain some of the gaming oriented features like the SupremeFX audio, but ditches the OC capabilities to lower the price.  Then they won't have to pay the high ROG price, much of which pays for the advanced power delivery components which won't be on these boards.

This is likely to combat MSI's B85 gaming motherboard, and for some gamers that don't want to fuss with overclocking these boards often go well.

For as little as PC gamers overclock demographically, a lot of them sure seem to think Z87 is the board they need. Kind of funny, in a way, like how some people think they need a ridiculously strong power supply. Too bad manufacturers often try to limit the amounts of SATA ports and such in order to twist your arm into buying Z87 anyway.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

For as little as PC gamers overclock demographically, a lot of them sure seem to think Z87 is the board they need. Kind of funny, in a way, like how some people think they need a ridiculously strong power supply. Too bad manufacturers often try to limit the amounts of SATA ports and such in order to twist your arm into buying Z87 anyway.

The sata ports are more intel to kepp it cheaper.

The sata ports are more intel to kepp it cheaper.

Honestly, I'd probably still buy Z87. The feature list includes things I wouldn't use, but they also tend to have features that I actually want.

This is ROG branded in the BIOS. I've been looking for a feature rich B85 board and there aren't many of those around so I welcome this if it matches MSI's price point :)

The chipset is what lets the CPU talk to everything else in your system. I'd rather spend the extra $20 to get a Z87 board that will deliver better potential and actual performance, and provide overclocking without any "trickery". Overclocking is not a niche thing these days, quality boards come with a BIOS setup that is so user friendly that it's almost idiot proof. Overclocking also does not require any sort of extreme cooling either, well, at least for Intel CPUs. My A70 keeps my 2600K well below 65c.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

business gaming goml

Listen if you care.