Node 202 water cooled or new gpu?

Budget (including currency): 100-150usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly office and older games.

I have a older but still usable ITX board with a 4770k was I was going to cram into a node 202. Its not the newest hardware but it a OK upgrade from the x58 system I'm using. for someone wanting to free up space in my office and have a PC I can just grab in hook up to my TV and move it back to the office when I'm done. 

I have everything to put together a air cooled system 4700k system in the node 202 aside from a GPU. However if I water cool the system I can use my old 780ti, Id just have to get a radiator and maybe a smaller pump. I don't have a air cooled heat sink for my 780ti or Id use it for the time begin.

The way I look at it cost wise it would be about the same. It comes down to is it worth the trouble of water cooling in the node 202. I know I can pull it off, but it not a simple task.

What is your thoughts? Should I get a newer mid range GPU or try and cram a water cooling setup in the node 202?

specks if air cooled,  GA-Z97N-GAMING5, i7 4770k,  scythe Big Shuriken, 16GB ddr3 ram, 512gb m.2 sata ssd. GPU would be something like a 950, 960, 1050, 1650 or 1660.

specks if water cooled, GA-Z97N-GAMING5, i7 4770k, 240mm xspc slim rad, heatkiller cpu, block. modded heatkiller gpu block, 780ti 6GB ddr3 ram, 512gb m.2 sata ssd.

Thanks.

Not a lot of room in a Node 202. Where would you put the radiator?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

49 minutes ago, small guy64 said:

Budget (including currency): 100-150usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly office and older games.

I have a older but still usable ITX board with a 4770k was I was going to cram into a node 202. Its not the newest hardware but it a OK upgrade from the x58 system I'm using. for someone wanting to free up space in my office and have a PC I can just grab in hook up to my TV and move it back to the office when I'm done. 

I have everything to put together a air cooled system 4700k system in the node 202 aside from a GPU. However if I water cool the system I can use my old 780ti, Id just have to get a radiator and maybe a smaller pump. I don't have a air cooled heat sink for my 780ti or Id use it for the time begin.

The way I look at it cost wise it would be about the same. It comes down to is it worth the trouble of water cooling in the node 202. I know I can pull it off, but it not a simple task.

What is your thoughts? Should I get a newer mid range GPU or try and cram a water cooling setup in the node 202?

specks if air cooled,  GA-Z97N-GAMING5, i7 4770k,  scythe Big Shuriken, 16GB ddr3 ram, 512gb m.2 sata ssd. GPU would be something like a 950, 960, 1050, 1650 or 1660.

specks if water cooled, GA-Z97N-GAMING5, i7 4770k, 240mm xspc slim rad, heatkiller cpu, block. modded heatkiller gpu block, 780ti 6GB ddr3 ram, 512gb m.2 sata ssd.

Thanks.

If you fancy modding, putting the radiator outside might be the simplest solution. If you want a clean look, get some tubing that fits your desk and have the radiator somewhere else. Tube length does not matter too much if you use something like a D5 pump. You can get an AC to DC molex power brick to run fans outside the case without having to run super long extension cables.

1 hour ago, brob said:

Not a lot of room in a Node 202. Where would you put the radiator?

under the gpu, 20mm thick rad from xspc will fit rather well, its been done a few times. a thicker rad will fit with thinner fans. And no external anything.

If you decide to go watercooling, I believe Barrow offers DDC pump/CPU block combo units, which could save a significant amount of space in such a small case. You'd have to double check clearances though.

1 hour ago, Grabhanem said:

If you decide to go watercooling, I believe Barrow offers DDC pump/CPU block combo units, which could save a significant amount of space in such a small case. You'd have to double check clearances though.

I have two rather small no name pumps I could use. Other wise a dclt would definitely fit. But a d5? I'd love to fit one in the system. In fact I have a d5 so many with a small pump it would work? Has any shoehorned a d5 into a node 202?